Windows context menu as submenu

Thanks, probably I'm very unreasonable demand to the DOpus :slight_smile:

Now I'm almost clear to dopus filetypes and context menus, except "rest" of the windows menu in submenu by "windowsonly" option :slight_smile: Hope next release will have option to show full windows menu there.

I think it's because they're not the real Windows context menu items. Opus always hides the Windows Copy/Cut/Paste items. The similar items you see actually run Opus commands (which do similar things to the Explorer commands, but via Opus).

If you edit the context menu items you can see this. e.g. The cut item runs the Opus command clipboard cut nofromfocus

Ah, yeah - that makes sense... you can tell that striimii is trying to come to understand how/why Opus manage context menu customization in the way it does from his questions. I can understand why he's confused... when you have an option like "windowsonly" many would expect to see the 'exact' same thing as the standard Windows context menu. But as you're explaining it - it makes me realize that there might not be much point in having a file action item show up in "Opus" that is actually handled by "Explorer". So @striimii - I'd say not to hold your breath waiting on those items showing up in Opus :slight_smile:...

The other thing that isn't necessarily intuitive for those like striimii trying to understand this topic is why some of the core shell verbs still show up in the Opus context menu after turning on the 'Hide Windows file context menu items' option... Open, Explore, etc... Maybe there's a good reason they're still shown, but it's just another caveat that could make someone say - "huh?". I myself have dorked around in the registry to eliminate some of those things that were offending my sensibilities of context menu cleanliness :slight_smile:...

Note: that's not a suggestion for anyone reading this to screw around in their registry...

The Copy/Cut/Paste items in Explorer do not come from the registry at all, they are hard-coded. Therefore the only way Opus can support them is by also "hard-coding" them (although in the Opus case, they are still able to be configured by the user).