Word separators and <CTRL> + Left/Right cursor in inline ren

Hi all, does anyone know if there's a way to tweak what characters Opus recognizes as 'word separators'? I'd really like for both hyphens and underscores to be recognized when doing + Left/Right cursor movements during inline rename operations and such. Currently, I've only noticed Opus pay attention to spaces and periods... Also, I've noticed that doing such cursor movements in the location/path bar ONLY skips to the next backslash in the path... too bad, I'd like for the same word sep handling to be active in the path bar as well, anyone else 'care' one way or the other :slight_smile:?

There are people or software that create files with names that contain separators like underscores, hyphens, dots or other punctuation signs, etc.
I usually rename these files in a more legible manner (that is, separating words by spaces), while doing other manual modifications.

I think there should be a way to accelerate going through file names while editing.
I am looking for an option that allows Opus to jump through words separated by alternative separators, like it jumps through words separated by spaces (using Ctrl+Arrow), when you're in file rename mode (F2).

I don't know if it's possible, but if not, it's a suggestion for a future version.

P.S. I'm not looking for a button that replaces separators automatically.

Wow... I posted this a loong time ago eh?

It's still something I yearn to have made more intelligent in Opus, as well as something that I wich was more consistent across different dialogs.

For instance, I'm repeatedly irritated a little bit by the Confirm File Replace dialog, where once the dialog pops up with focus on the new file name field, hitting the right cursor positions us AFTER the period... as opposed to what happens when you enter inline rename mode in a lister, where hitting the right cursor positions just BEFORE the period at the end of the file name prefix...

Thanks for digging this up... I will submit an "actual" feature request... which I had never done for this.

I don't know how feasible it would be for GPsoft to make the 'word separators' a customizable thing though... like I originally wondered might be possible when I started this topic. Ideally, I'd at least like it to support special char symbols that are valid for Windows filenames... like underscores, commas, semi-colons, etc etc...