Wordperfect viewer?

So, some 10 years I've been looking for a way to view old Wordperfect files in Dopus. I have Win 10, Dopus 12 and Wordperfect X4. Have read I think all the forum posts on wordperfect, and tried the Stellent X1 filter trick (vers 8), all without success. Has anything come along? Thanks.

Any viewer that works for File Explorer's viewer pane should also work with Opus's viewer pane.

Whether anyone has made one for WordPerfect, I do not know. It might be a question better asked on a forum for WordPerfect users.

Converting the files to a supported format is not an option?

LibreOffice supports WordPerfect files and has an a preview handler for Explorer. It really should be able to do what you want, but unfortunately the preview handler is useless (and actually broken) and the development team don't see why they should fix such a thing.

89964 – Requesting a native 'Preview Handler' for Windows explorer shell (documentfoundation.org)

Yes, I could convert them to MS Office, but now they're really just archive files I'm organizing once. I don't know if there's a way to batch convert wordperfect files to ms word, I assume I could find a way. Corel seems to be hoping Wordperfect will fade away, so my guess is unlikely to make either a preview handler or an ifilter. If I were an active wordperfect user I'd be upset that I couldn't preview them.

One other aspect: If a wordperfect v6 or later doc's extension is changed to .doc, it will successfully preview in the preview pane using the MS Word previewer. (I assume it's internally converting it). A wordperfect 5.x file, unfortunately, won't be previewed as a doc, and just shows as hex.

If Word can read the files, Opus can handle the conversion.

I believe that more current versions of WP included a preview handler that should work. I (sometimes) use WP X9 and DOpus can display .wpd documents just fine. Don't forget that X4 is from 2013.