Ability to change tab shadow color

Hello, the tab shadow is black by default and it is not possible to change it
For some themes, it is not nice from a visual point of view (for example, themes where most of the components are made of gray)
Please add the ability to change the color of the tab shadow
Thanks

1 Like

Discussed here recently: How to remove active folder tab shadow (border)?

Can you really even notice the shadow in dark mode? It's so subtle on a dark background that I'm surprised anyone cares if it's there or not.

1 Like

Yes, it is quite obvious to me, but it doesn't bother me much, that is, if it is possible, it is great, But if it is not added, it is not a big unwanted

1 Like

Being able to change the shadow color might be useful, which I plan to look at when there's more time. If that's possible without re-writing everything then we should be able to make it optional at the same time.

(It's a long time since I looked at the code for rendering our tabs, so it may end up being more complicated than I think to change how the shadows are done. But hopefully not.)

2 Likes

Had a quick look at this, and added an option to turn it off in the next beta (13.4.4).

(I also tried making the color configurable, but it didn't look great, so I just made it an on/off option.)

2 Likes

Thank you so much, you and this program and this community are great
Yes, It is enough to disable it, and I think all those who have problems with this issue will be completely satisfied with this change, because there are many places where we don't have the shadow, Here too, if shadow is not there, there is no visual problem.

1 Like