Add sort option to all folders without changing the pre-existing folder formats

I'd like to add the "Date Taken" sort option to all folders, so I can right-click and select it.

It seems that the "For All Folders" option would be the closest thing to doing this in the folder options save dialog. The documentary, however, states the following:

For All Folders: This will apply the current options to all folders. What actually happens when you select this option is that any pre-existing folder formats are discarded.

I do not wish to discard pre-existing folder formats. The only thing I want to do is to add the "Date Taken" to existing folders without changing their formats.

I couldn't find an answer in the folder format guide here: https://resource.dopus.com/t/folder-formats-quick-guide/1313

How can I do this?

If you don’t want to replace existing formats, go to Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats and edit each one in the list there to make changes.

1 Like

Perfect! The default one is the main one I need to change. Thanks!
Although, maybe as a suggestion, it would be nice if we could have an "apply to all formats" that would just add this to each format, so that I don't have to manually do this to the 50+ folder formats I have there.

There's no way to know where you want to add a column to every format if they're all using different columns, nor to know whether or not you want to remove the extra columns that aren't in the one you're "applying to all formats", and so on.

Not removing anything. I understand you can't tell it "where," but even if I could have the "date taken" added as the last column of every format, that would be great. A one-time script that would do that would help too.

Editing /dopusdata\Formats\folders.off directly should work. With so many formats, you could even use find&replace.

1 Like