Alt-Tab working strange

Hello,

My Alt-Tab key combination stopped working from Dopus (used to switch between windows tasks). In fact, it still works with the cursor in the folder tree. From any other subwindow (e.g. a lister) it just cycles through the input fields in the toolbars. This is the behaviour of the Tab key without the Alt modifier.

I did a couple of installations recently, so maybe the problem is not with DOpus, but with some other piece of software I installed.

Has anyone encountered this behaviour too? I am grateful for any hint.

Thanks,
Rudolf Korne

If you go to Settings->Customize... review the list of hoteky bindings and see if you've got something inadverntently assigned to Alt+TAB? Other than, when you say you "did a couple of installations recently"... installations of what? Anything that handles hotkeys?

steje, the hotkeys had been my first idea, but I didn't assign anything to Alt-TAB.

According to installations - I installed Office 2007 and a new version of Getright, but none of them should get hold of Alt-TAB.

Weird... not too sure what could be causing Opus to behave differently than any other app unless you had a hotkey bound explicitly for Alt+TAB. Does it "always" happen? Is there a toolbar button on a toolbar that you don't always have 'open/activated' that maybe has a keybinding for Alt+TAB? Do you have 'any' other hotkey bindings using the TAB key with or without any other key combos? Maybe some othe rkey is getting stuck when you're trying to Alt+TAB from Opus...? Reaching here... I know, but otherwise a little stumped, I also can't imagine it would be anything from getright or office2k7... :confused:

Try going to /dopusdata (enter that into the opus address bar and it'll take you to your settings files) and then search all of the files (they're mostly text/xml) for "tab". Maybe something has tab as a hotkey and isn't showing up in the Customize list for some reason.

Thanks for your help, Nudel.
I'm going to have a look tonight on my home computer, which has the problem.

Reinstall of 9.0.0.7 fixed the problem -> I'm going to file a bug report with GPSoftware.