Amiga ADF/HDF Explorer

No, that's not it. Even tried a reboot. Keep wondering if it is a portable thing.

It might need the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019:

From your file dates, your portable install of Opus is also a year old, although that probably won't matter for this particular thing (since the DLL is about the same age).

Weird, I have the same issue with not showing up in prefs (12.20)
(Not portable version)

EDIT: Somehow it works now, despite rebooting and installing VC-Redist before

1 Like

It shows up in my prefs, but doubleclicking an ADF file doesn't work. Dopus then just reopens the folder I was already looking at.

Maybe it's trying to open the ADF file in the lister, notices it's not working, and then refreshes the lister back to when I doubleclicked. I don't know.

This build works fine here, love it!

Thank you.
Windows 10 2004, Opus 12.21 Light x64

any update on this as for me it crashes every time

would love dopus team to show some love to amiga users and have this out the box if it was not for dopus 4 i would not be on dopus 12

We are happy to help plugin authors who have questions, but we have no interest in taking over this project or writing our own ADF plugin, sorry. Our time is already full with other work.

Is this an appropriate thread for reporting/pursuing a crash using this plugin or should I start a new one?

Shane
ASIM_CDFS_v3_DOpus_error

Hi NEOguy,

Haven't touched this plugin in sometime now,
I was working on a better plugin & library which both solved some of the issues with the original adfLib this plugin uses, and adds support for D64 and FAT12/16/32.

I don't know if it will fix the issue you're having, it may in fact have more problems :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. Are you actively working on this new plugin? If so, I could upload the ADF somewhere for testing purposes if you'd be interested. It's the only ADF I came across that your original plugin has any problems with and I suspect it may be in the content. Four of the internal files have a filename that begin with CD32 with the "32" of each file showing in superscript in WinUAE. The disk in question is/was a commercial product (ASIM CDFS v3 install disk), so I don't know if uploading it would violate rules if I uploaded it here. I'd try out the new plugin, but there don't appear to be any binaries available on GitHub and I really don't have a desire to get into compiling.

I haven't touched it in almost a year now, more due to a lack of time than anything else,

but it should be more resistant to crashes than the ADF specific plugins, as i did a fair bit of testing against all formats it supports from disk images ripped from originals with my Kryoflux.

most typical filesystem problems should give you a popup with the issue rather than just crashing.

you can download the last build from the CI pipeline, the build does expire after a month, so i have just re triggered it.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/segrax/directory-opus-firy-plugin/build/artifacts

Thank you. I downloaded the "OPENFIRY.dll" file and placed it in the "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\VFSPlugins" folder. I then disabled the older ADF plugin and enabled the FIRY plugin (see screenshot). When I double-click on any ADF file, nothing happens. I even checked to see if there was a context menu (left click) item for the ADF files, but nothing extra is seen. Am I missing something about the install? I'm using DOpus 12.26 x64.

Have you got any other ADFs to try?
it could be encountering an issue with the ADF early and aborting,

There is a few which are valid in the unit-testing folder of the library here which definitely work,

Yes, I tried at least a dozen other ADFs with the same result. I just downloaded all 3 of the sample files and none of them open with the new plugin. They do, however open with the old plugin. When I double-click on any ADF with the new plugin, I do see the lister window refresh if that helps any. It seems like at least something is happening.

Ok, ill have to do testing on other machines.. which ver of Windows are you using?

Windows 8.1 x64. Thanks!

Okay, I finally got both extensions (not parallel) to work and both have the same issue: Large HDF files crash or simply do not open. There seems to be a hard 2GB limit. Any chance anybody might have a look? Oh, and I am still on the Github build of OPENFIRY - any chance to get the updated version? The D64 also is a most welcome extension (and seems to work great).

where to find this plugin thx .... also does anyone know of something like folder to .adf

Good morning,

I knew directory opus thanks to DO4 on our Amiga, so many memories, I have adf, and I use FS-UAE which I find simpler than winUAE and which works very well too, I am planning to ' try to create a partition with the workbench but I get lost. :slight_smile:

So I discovered your plugins, and I would like to use them on fresh DO13, but I'm lost, I don't know which version to take, how and where to install it?

Thanks for your help.