Any way to have text wrapping columns?

I have some long file and folder descriptions and I'd like to be able to display the full description in a lister without having the Description column get very wide. Is there any way to set a column to wrap text onto multiple rows?

Not for Details mode columns.

You could put the information into the info-tip so you can see it when you hover over files. Or add {sel:desc} to the status bar to see the selected file's description there, if there's more space there.

I have info tip set to show description for both All Files and Files and Folders. It shows the description when I hover over a folder, but not a file. Here's what I have set for Info Tip:

Name: {name}
Type: {type}
Date Modified: {modifieddate}
Size: {sizeauto}
Description: {desc}

Also, is there a mode where it would be possible? You mentioned "not for details mode columns."

Different file types can override the info tips. You may need to edit more than one, in addition to the tips covering All Files / All Folders.

I think Tiles mode will wrap the information across multiple lines. (Or at least, it does for filenames.) The info shown is edited in the same place as InfoTips, in the adjacent tab.

Setting it for Documents type worked—I'm looking at Word docs right now. Thanks for that!

I also noticed what might be a bug: I have a Word doc and it has a description in the Description field. When I open the Word doc, make a change, and save it, the Description field goes blank, both in the Lister and in the Info Tip. If I refresh the lister, it does not come back. But if I close the Word doc, then refresh the lister, it does come back. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it in case it's not supposed to behave that way.

Additional observation: after using Word for awhile without saving within the Word autosave time frame, Word autosaves changes in a .tmp file, and the info tip appears there.