Background events middle click glitch

same as this post, Mouse background event middle click has been changed - Help & Support - Directory Opus Resource Centre (dopus.com)
do not know what is causing the problem, so cannot reproduce.

It usually reverts back to normal after some trime (meaning changing the setting again, to normal)

I am not sure what "it", "setting" or "normal" refer to here. Can you give more detail on that?

Some more things that might be relevant to tracking it down:

• Which file display mode are you using?

• Which button event(s) are you seeing the problem with?

• Have you tried assigning it/them to a different command (e.g. Help ABOUT) in case there's something specific to the command? (E.g. A script that never finishes or takes a long time could block subsequent events from starting, maybe. Or the script, if that's still what you're using, may not be seeing the keyboard state and not running the expected command, even though the script is being run. We may be looking in the wrong place here, until we know that.)

• Any mouse/macro software that might be changing what the mouse button does sometimes?

• Random thought: Does it depend whether Opus is the active window before clicking?

atm this is middle-click settings

but i am only having to single-click to get a response. If I change it to 'single-click' there is no response.

Now that you have mentioned file-modes, I have just dicovered that it is happening in thumbnails mode but not details mode.

Middle click and any accelerator key + middle click

Same behaviour whatever command is used.

No

It does not work outside of the window, don't think it ever has.

found the problem - small bug

This setting is usually on, turned it off and problem is fixed.

1 Like

Directory Opus 13.4.8 (Beta) Build 8867 x64
OS 10.0 (B:19045 P:2 T:1) SP 0.0
Thought this might be fixed, is it on the list ?

How to reproduce :

turn this setting on
    change to single-click
  • assign a command to middle-click background events - Help ABOUT for instance
  • change view mode to thumbnails

it is not possible to single or double middle click on the file display background.

Can't reproduce sorry.

Those two shouldn't really affect each other. The first one only affects clicking on files and folders to run the middle button double-click filetype events. The second one only affects clicking on the background to run the configured background events.

Either way, setting it up as you have said, single middle-click on background in thumbnails mode still runs the configured command.

Maybe something to do with your mouse drivers? For example, I've often found the Logitech drivers have a habit of occasionally forgetting their configuration and have to be restarted.

that's an ooold issue. that's why i always turn Preferences / File Displays / Mouse / Single middle click to trigger file and folder middle double-click events off.

and yes, with DO 13.5 i can reproduce it. single background middle click works in power mode and not in thumbnails.
(used logitech mouse :smiley:)

P.S.
small video with single middle mouse button click in power and thumbnail views