Book Title Capitalize - v1.0
Titles and topics normally only upper-case the 1st letter of the first word, and keep the rest of the line all lower-case.
But there is another way to capitalize titles, I am calling it: Book Title Capitalize, and this can be found on book or movie titles. Here the first letter of every word is upper-cased, excepting articles and prepositions that are all lower-case,
ThE end oF THE game.tXT →
The End of the Game.txt
I use this style for all my mp3 files. And finally - a least for the file and folder names - this can be automated. It would be even better to be able to do this for ID3 tags in the mp3 files... but alas that must be for another day.
For more details see the comment header of the script. As you will read there are quite a things you can do with the script:
- Upper-case the first letter or each word, excepting prepositions and articles.
- Lower-case file extensions.
- Special treatment of delimiters: ( ) [ ] ... ,
- Special treatment of articles and prepositions after " - ", 1st letter is also upper-cased.
- A few settings, i.e. replacement of underscores or the special treatment of words after " - " can be controlled via Global Variables in the script.
- You can use the default rename features of in the Rename dialog to "pre-rename" the file/folder names, e.g. Modify capitalization, All Lower-case works nicely.
- If you want to add more exceptions to the list of words that should always be/stay in lower-case, add them in the create_art_prep_array() function.
Should you be missing some feature, or find a bug, drop a line and I will look into it.
Hope the script is useful.