[Bug v13.7] FAYT cmd.method trigger

The method, configured in cmd.method, will only be triggered, when a second character is entered to the fayt-field.

The first character opens the fayt-field. But the second triggers the OnFaytSearch method and shows the suggestions list.

So I don't get all the suggestions but have to type in a valid first letter first; this is impractical.

Before 13.7 the suggestion list appeared immediately after typing the quick key.

Has it sth. to do with this request?

This also settles my question here

I'm on 13.7 too and can't reproduce this in my own fayt scripts, at least if I'm understanding the issue you suggested correctly . Maybe if you post a example script it will help.

It's a simple script written in Python

Wait, what, python?

Whoa! Python script addin scheint ignoriert zu werden - Directory Opus-Forum

I don't have Python installed as a Windows Active Script, but after porting your example to jscript, I understand what you mean.
However, it seems more like a focus issue to me. When you press the quick key, the fayt field opens it, but pressing Up/Down has a effect in the lister instead. If you press another key, then the FAYT field gains focus, and Up/Down keys work as expected.
In the meantime, you can try pressing Tab after your quick key, that should work, at least, it works here.

(Unrelated, but you can use the 'u' flag in CommandList() to retrieve just User Commands)

It's my thread - I am sfx2k in the german board :wink:

The method for getting the user cmds is about 14 years old - I'll check it later. Thanks :slight_smile:

It's not a focus issue. I have another script with a few more logging - there you can see, that the method that receives the scriptFaytData will be called after the second key has been pressed.

Before 13.7 it is called immediately after pressing the quick key

Take out the if clause with the suggest property.
Just ask for the suggestions directly.

I think it is. At least in my case. A quick demo.

It's the same basic script as you posted, but with some corrections. You can see the keys I'm pressing. Shift+6 is the quick key.
At first, nothing happens in the FAYT field when pressing Up/Down, but it does have an effect in the lister (change the item selected).
When pressing Tab after the quick key, you can see that the FAYT field suggestions work as expected, because it gains keyboard focus for Up/Down.

@errante
Can you post your jscript variant of this? I would like to try around with this as well.. thx! o)

Unfortunately this has not effect :frowning:

Okay, maybe it is a focus thing.
But whatever the cause - in my opinion, it is misconduct that should be fixed.

Thank you very much in any case for your efforts :slight_smile:

But basically, what you want is the same as what is seen in the video when I press tab, right? If not, can you post a video too for what you're seeing/what you want?

IMO, I don't see this as a bug, since I find it very useful to be able to use the Up/Down keys in the lister even if the fayt field is open. Maybe adding some other shortcut that always open the suggestions would be useful in this case. The tab method also seems valid to me.

Yes, TAB works for me, thanks.
And maybe you're right, concerning the focus issue.
Currently I am working in a Citrix environment and the suggestion list does not open at all - although the function has been triggered...

Anyways - using TAB is okay :slight_smile:

which corrections? :slight_smile:

1. Don't use an if clause to query the suggest value. Just call UpdateFAYTSuggestions directly.
  • This is more of a personal experience, in all the time I spent writing some fayts scripts, I have not been able to find a pattern or understand why suggest takes the value it does. Like you, I only wanted to see the suggestions when requested, and that was the best way I found it, so far I haven't seen any errors for it.
  1. When reading user commands files, you should search for the label tag instead of user_label, since that value is optional and you may skip some commands because of that. You can include that value along with the description, if exists.

Okay, I copied that from Leo's examples :wink:

Okay, that corresponded to my scripts, but of course you're right. If I publish it, then it should be universally valid.
Thanks a lot!