Can't See Scan for Norton Antivirus in Right Click

Hi,

Just downloaded yesterday. Real newbie. Software comes SO highly recommended!

Normally, when selecting a file in Explorer, the context menu shows the choice for "Scan file with Norton Antivirus". Thoug MOST other context menu thngs are there, selecting files vie Dopus the Norton option is not in the Context Menu.

What do you think is happening?

Sincerely,

Greenop

Norton intentionally hide their context menus outside of Explorer. We have no idea why.

You can add a similar menu item which does the same thing:

Note that you'll need to locate the proper path to the Norton exe file, since they move it around a lot.

This is odd, because the Norton Security | Scan Now is shown in the context menu in Windows Explorer, but not in Directory Opus (see screen shots attached).

Windows Explorer:
WindowsExplorer

Directory Opus 12:

How come it is shown in Directory Opus.? I can manually add it to the context menu by specifying the installation folder, but every time I do an update on my Norton Security, it changes the folder name (with version label), and I have to manually edit the context menu again.

Cheers,
Ramses

Because Norton choose to make it that way. Please read the linked threads and take it up with Norton rather than us, or use antivirus from a better company (e.g. ESET NOD32). We have no control over Norton's, nor the fact they ignore their users.