"Cast to Device" missing

Hello. Few days ago I updated DO from 12.14 to 12.15. All worked smooth but soon I discovered that the command " cast to device" (in italian:"trasmetti nel dispositivo") was missing. I checked on old "Ms Explorer" and the command was there and working. I reinstalled DO 12.15 but the command was always missing. After some more useless attempts I reinstalled old DO 12.12 and "Cast to device" was back and working. I hope next updates will fix this problem. My system is Windows 10 x 64 version 1903.
Best Regards
Alberto

Cast to Device is blocked in Opus now, as it doesn't work properly outside of Explorer. The way the menu is built is non-standard and makes assumptions about the program displaying the menu and how the menu is displayed.

You may be able to un-block it by adding {7AD84985-87B4-4a16-BE58-8B72A5B390F7} to Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced [Troubleshooting]: allow_context_menus, but do so at your own risk.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I confirm: until DO 12.14, "cast to device" on my system, was working quite well. Usually I "cast" music files (both mp3 and flac) to external loudspeakers and for me is a very important feature. I understand "cast to device" will be probably blocked also in DO future upgrades so I'll try your tip.
Thanks again
Best regards

OK Thanks I will try your advice ; but I do not understand the reason for that suppression from such a Wonderful tool I should have been a default setting instead ….

I Have a french edition of DO 12 but in preferences nothing as "Miscellaneaous" appears ...Any hint ?

Type allow_context_menus (in English) into the search box at the bottom left of the Preferences window.

I think that should still work as the advanced setting names stay in English.

Hello. I followed Mr. Leo instructions and since then "Cast to device" is working fine and smoothly. The above mentionated settings are kept when installing new D.O. versions (at least up to the recent v. 12.17 - Checked few minutes ago).
Best regards
Albert

I just updated to Windows 11 and this does not work with Windows 11. Have you got the same for Windows 11 Cast to Device?