This simple script-addin command allows you to view and copy virtually all column values available in Directory Opus.
While working with other programs and metadata/properties, I have sometimes encountered the need to know the equivalent name/keyword in DOpus that displays the same information. Since there is no quick way to display all this information, I decided to make it possible and share it with the community.
Some of its main features are:
- List almost all values available in DOpus for built-in columns.
- List script column values.
- List Evaluator column values.
- List column values for enabled Shell Properties .
- Search by name, label or header.
- Ability to copy selected values to clipboard.
- Multilanguage UI (available in all languages included in DOpus).
NOTE: Remember that this is a work in progress and may contain errors. Any questions or suggestions are welcome
HOW TO INSTALL
Download the file below. Then run
Prefs SCRIPTINSTALL and select the downloaded file.
IMPORTANT: Needs at least v13.0.50
ColumnsViewer.opusscriptinstall (12.8 KB)
Once installed, you can access the command by running
COLUMNSVIEWER %fullpath%, where
%fullpath% is the full path of the file or folder to use. Remember to use quotes if it contains spaces. Otherwise, if you just use
COLUMNSVIEWER , the first selected item in the active tab is used.
Once the data has been read, a dialog window appears that allows you to view, search, and copy the retrieved data.
You can sort by values in any column and search for matching values in Name, Label and Header.
When one or more rows are selected in the list, the Copy Selection button appears, allowing you to copy all values from all columns in the selection. You can also use Ctrl+C for the same purpose.
If you want to specify which columns to copy, you can use the menu that appears when you right-click on the selection.
The Refresh button (or the F5 key) allows you to refresh all values.
The button clears the value entered in the search field.
In the Script Management window, select Columns Viewer and click in the gear icon.
- debug: Useful if you have some problems with results obtained and want to see the command line generated by the script. You can select the log level as OFF, ALL or WARNING.
- ignored_script_columns: List of all script filenames that you don't want to be used. All columns declared within those files will be ignored by this command.
- size_mode (v1.0.2): Choose how the dialog window will resize when open.
- AUTO : Auto resize based on screen resolution and list dimensions.
- LAST USED: Remember the last window size and position.
- It's no longer necessary to specify the main name for script columns whose script filename does not match with this value.
- Improved search functionality
- Fixed shell properties columns sometimes not getting values
- Added Hotkey Esc to close dialog
- Added Hotkey F4 to set Categories to All
- Added Hotkey ShiftF4 to focus Categories Combobox Control
- Added Hotkey F3 to focus Search Field Control
- Hint text for the Search Field Control is now multilanguage as well
- Code improvement. Now the results should be obtained faster.
- You can now choose to automatically resize the window or use the last used position and size.
- Improved search functionality.
- Code cleanup.
- Hopefully solved the problem of not getting any data for script columns, when you have a huge amount of them.
- Added in configuration the option
sc_cols_custom_names, which allows to manually define the main name/keyword for columns whose stem filename is different from its keyword (also to save processing time, as without this it would be necessary to parse each existing script looking for the name).
v1.0.0 (2023-11-20) : Initial release