Creating Hotkey for "Open in new folder tab"

Sorry if this has been asked already. I did a search but when I clicked on a forum it said I didn't have access.

I'm looking for a way to assign a hotkey to the function "Open in new folder tab". This is the same exact option you get when right-clicking over a folder.

Thanks!

In settings->Customize->Keys you can edit your keyboard shortcuts.

Add a new one and insert a command to open your selection into a new tab. There is more than one way to do this. The following command is one option and will also work when files are selected (it will use the parent directory of the files).

dopusrt /cmd GO {filepath} NEWTAB

Thanks, Caine!

For the record... you can also us the command:

Go FROMSEL NEWTAB

..so as not to have to use dopusrt /cmd prefix in order to use 'filepath'. No difference really... just to let you know the FROMSEL argument is available to the Go command.

What is there is nothing "selected," is there a command to first select the file or folder under the cursor then use that item?

-D

[quote="dh59"][quote]
For the record... you can also us the command:
Go FROMSEL NEWTAB
[/quote]

What is there is nothing "selected," is there a command to first select the file or folder under the cursor then use that item?

-D[/quote]

Read the second post in this thread.

Hit space first to select it. :slight_smile:

Also, I assume you're in Power Mode, give Details mode a try since there items are selected automatically when you put the keyboard cursor over them. (Unless you don't want that in other situations. In Details you can still move the cursor without it selecting anything by holding Ctrl, so you don't lose any abilities, it just changes what happens in the usual case.)