Detect DOpus on any computer?

What is the most secure way to detect whether Directory Opus is installed on a computer, independently from Windows version? And in the case it is, to get the path to dopusrt.exe, also independently from Windows version?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\DOpus.exe

Is this valid for all 32bit/64bit OS/Dopus/WinVersion combinations?

yes.

I need to open a directory in DOpus from an external program with these conditions:

• If no DOpus Lister is running then open a new Lister and open the directory in it

• I a DOpus Lister is running, then bring the most recent one to the front and open the directory in a new tab

Which is the command-line to achieve this?

\dopusrt.exe /acmd Go NEWTAB

Is this condition also possible:

If the path is already opened in a tab in the running Lister, then open that tab instead of creating a new one.

Add the FINDEXISTING argument.

DOpus is wonderful!

When I use it like this, then the running Lister with existing tab is NOT brought to the front:

"\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go "path" NEWTAB=findexisting,tofront

The Lister is brought to front ONLY when tab does not exist and tab is created. It is NOT brought to front when tab already exists.

Run Go LASTACTIVELISTER as a second command to ensure the window comes to the front in both situations:

"<opus program folder>\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go "path" NEWTAB=findexisting,tofront "<opus program folder>\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go LASTACTIVELISTER

Unfortunately this is not possible, as the command-line is "baked" into a shell link. I will have to write a batch file and insert the commands there.

I have just found out that doing it with a batch file is not possible for internal reasons in my case. So please forward this suggestion to do this with one single command-line. Thank you.

What are you actually trying to do, overall?

A command baked into a shortcut also cannot look up the registry values discussed at the start of this thread so there must be some details missing here.

@peter
You can wrap these two lines into a single DO user command and then you also have a single commandline again instead of two. Whatever the final solution here will be.. o)

[quote="leo"]What are you actually trying to do, overall?

A command baked into a shortcut also cannot look up the registry values discussed at the start of this thread so there must be some details missing here.[/quote]

That's true. My program reads the registry value and THEN bakes the command-line into a shortcut, according to whether DOpus is installed or not.

[quote="tbone"]@peter
You can wrap these two lines into a single DO user command and then you also have a single commandline again instead of two. Whatever the final solution here will be.. o)[/quote]

It isn't just for me. It's for a wider public...

So what is the overall goal?

Does it have to use a shortcut? Could it use a .dcf file instead, containing an Opus command, which will also be an icon you can double-click? (Why was a .bat file ruled out?)

It must be generally usable by Windows users, whether they have DOpus, Explorer or TC. It must be usable from the program and from the file manager. It must have a very familiar aspect. This prerequisites equation outputs: Shortcuts.

A .bat file or a .dcf file would both work just as well there. I don't understand why you have ruled them out.