Different folder format for subfolders only?

I have a quite large collection of music files and prepared a customized format folder for them. They are however stored in the folder structure like this: Music > Genre > Artist >album and obviously if I set this folder format for Music I see all the details in all those folders.
What I'd love to achieve is having my folder format only in folders containing actual music files. Is there any way to do this without 1. enabling detecting folder contents and 2. manually setting folder format for each album folder?

Path Formats should do what you want.

Indeed, but in a way only. I still need to decide on a highest level format that will contain the details, right?
Otherwise I'd have to set this at least at the individual genre level, I believe :frowning:... Any possible wildcard trick here?

Your path format could look like this:

D:\Music\*\*\*

Thank you! I will gladly try it!
Just a question - is there a way to edit an existing path or do I have to create a new one? I can't find any option to change the current one...

I've created a new path & formatting, but it looks wildcard here isn't supported :frowning:

Ok.. then just use Reg Ex, but double the backslashes (use Alt-I to edit)

Thanks! Would you please help me a bit with the regex that may be of use in that case?

And about the editing - I meant just editing the path, not the whole display properties. It doesn't seem that it's possible to edit the path itself...

You have to create a Wildcard Path Format via Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats.

Works like a charm! Thank you very much, @Leo!

Each time I'm getting into something new, I have more and more respect for DO! And I've been its loyal user back from the Amiga times...