Directory Opus 11.5.7 (beta) is now available for all Opus 11 users.
This is a preliminary, beta release. Translations may not be fully up-to-date and some English text may appear in non-English versions.
32-bit version: [img]http://www.gpsoft.com.au/images/DopusSmall.png[/img] [url=http://www.gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/download.asp?id=30]Universal[/url] [img]http://www.gpsoft.com.au/images/flag_germany.png[/img] [url=http://www.gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/download.asp?id=32]Deutsch[/url]
64-bit version: [img]http://www.gpsoft.com.au/images/DopusSmall.png[/img] [url=http://www.gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/download.asp?id=31]Universal[/url] [img]http://www.gpsoft.com.au/images/flag_germany.png[/img] [url=http://www.gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/download.asp?id=33]Deutsch[/url]
- Scripting changes:
- Added new OnAddCommands and OnAddColumns script methods. These provide an alternative way for a script to add commands and columns. These methods have two advantages over the old OnInit way of adding command and columns. Firstly, the script's configuration is available in these methods whereas OnInit is unable to access it. Secondly, a script can modify its own commands and columns dynamically by calling the new Script.InitCommands and Script.InitColumns methods.
Note that if either of these methods is provided the equivalent method will no longer be available in the OnInit function, and also if a script is disabled via the Preferences page then commands and columns added by these methods will not be available.
- Added new OnScriptConfigChange method which is called whenever the user modifies a script's configuration. A script could respond to this event by calling, for example, Script.InitColumns to update its columns based on the user's settings.
- Added Dialog.defid property that allows the default button in a dialog to be changed from the first one.
- The OnDoubleClick event can abort further processing when multiple files are double-clicked, by setting the DoubleClickData.cont property to False. Also added the DoubleClickData.call property, which lets a script stop the OnDoubleClick method from being called for subsequent files but allows normal processing to continue.
- The DoubleClickData object now has a multiple property to indicate that multiple files were double-clicked.
- Scripts launched via a drag and drop event are now able to determine the source tab of the drop if it came from within Opus.
- Opus will now recognise scripts with a .txt extension (e.g. .js.txt, .vbs.txt). Also, dropping a (for example) .js.txt file on the scripts Preferences page now strips off the .txt suffix when copying it to the scripts folder. These changes are designed to make it easier to install scripts downloaded from the resource centre.
- When a script error occurs and no log is currently open to display it, an error icon will now appear in the status bar that the user can click to open the log pane.
- The Script configuration editor dialog, and the multiple-line text editor that can open from that, are now both resizeable.
- When Prefs LAYOUT=xyz is run from a script, command.results.newlisters is now populated with any new Listers which were opened. Similarly, Prefs LAYOUT=xyz LAYOUTTHISLISTER=paths will populate command.results.newtabs with any new tabs.
- It's now possible for an OnBeforeFolderChange script event to run its own Go command (the NOSCRIPT argument must be used).
- If the script config editor was open and the script in question was edited, the names in the script editor could become corrupted.
- The Command.SetQualifiers method was ignored.
- Fixed crash with Python enumeration of Opus script collections.
- Fixed desktop context menu sorting Lister layouts to the end of the list if their names contained non-ascii characters.
- Lister Styles no longer start with the Toolbar checkbox set when new. Updating a Style now leaves the checkbox as it is.
- Opening an empty tab (Go NEWTAB) did not update the Lister's title bar.
- If a Lister style is already using an automatically generated folder tab group, and you update the style, the existing tab group is now overwritten. Previously, a new and unique tab group would be generated, alongside the old one, but this was more clutter than useful.
- Fixed using Update on a Lister Style where it would only save the tabs on one side of the Lister if there was only a single tab on the other side, and the style had not previously specified a folder on the side with just one tab.
- Fixed double-clicking a Style in Preferences and changing its name resulting in two copies of the Style.
- Commands like Set SORTBY=+modified SORTREVERSE=ToggleSmart which mix a generic field name ("modified", which matches any column showing modified dates and/or times) with SORTREVERSE=ToggleSmart, now respect the ToggleSmart request if the column is already present as the sort column.
- Fixed opening symbolic links to zip files.