Directory Opus conflicts with Win 11 Control Panel

Directory Opus has worked perfectly with Windows 10 for many years. However, since Windows 11 offical release, Directory Opus prevents the Win 11 Control Panel from working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Directory Opus but that does not resolve the problem. I have uninstalled Directory Opus so that Control Panel will work and I await a resolution to this problem.

Can you give more detail? Prevents it working in what sense? Which version are you using?

On my side the control panel is working like expected even with explorer replacement activated.

Win 11 Pro / Opus 12.26

When I click the desktop icon for Control Panel nothing happens. When I uninstall Directory Opus (version 12.26 x64) and reboot then clicking the Control Panel brings up all the Control Panel items.

I am using Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 (OS Build 22000.556)

• Do you mean the old Control Panel from Windows 7 and earlier (and still there in 11 but somewhat hidden/deprecated), or the newer Settings?

• How is the shortcut added to the desktop? There isn't one by default.

I tried adding the Control Panel shortcut to the desktop via Personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings, and it works OK for me with Opus set to replace Explorer.

• What do you have set under Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement?

(The "recommended" setting there is usually best, and should completely ignore Control Panel.)

• Have you installed any other file managers that can replace Explorer? We've had similar threads which turned out to be a conflict between their registry settings and ours.

• Make sure Compatibility Mode is not turned on for any of the Opus executables, as that can mess up Explorer Replacement: Windows Compatibility Settings / Wrong DPI / Installer misdetects OS

1 Like