Displaying covers in viewer pane

I'm trying to make it so when a folder is selected that has a folder image (that is, it has an folder.jpg file inside it), I'd like it to automatically display that image on the viewer. I know I could make the thumbnail sizer bigger so the folder images are more readable, but that's cumbersome because I lose the compact view of all the folders. I also don't want to have to facecheck each folder to see the full images. The ideal behavior is for it to just show up on the viewer when the folder gains focus.

I've been trying to figure out how to cook a script for this but I've never used any of these languages and have no clue what I'm doing. I read through the scripting documentation and tried checking some scripts but I'm having trouble cobbling together a solution. I would appreciate some guidance. Thank you.

For a start, put this in a button: Show VIEWPANECMD="open,{filepath}folder.jpg"

When you you are in a folder with a "folder.jpg" click the button and a viewer will open with the image.

I see, that takes care of the first half of the problem. Thanks!

Now to figure out how to get the selecting of a folder to trigger this action. I've been testing BeforeFolderChangeData and other scripting objects but I'm not finding one that activates whenever a new folder is selected. Is there one that does?

No.

https://resource.dopus.com/t/view-folder-jpg-in-viewer-pane-picture-when-selecting-folder/37542

You could use WatchTab(). This works per tab and should be ok if you rarely use more than one tab. Otherwise, it might be a bit overkill.

Oh wow that thread is about the exact same thing. I feel guilty I didn't find it during my search. My bad.

Anyways, dang, that's unfortunate. I was really hoping this would be possible. Thanks anyway!