DO9: playing with flatview

i started using the flat view. let's say that i am in single pane viewer. i open a directory into grouped flat view so that the folders are shown and the files in the folders are indented to show. i scroll down and see a file i would like to click on, but it's in a folder with 100 other files, so what i decided to do is tell opus to open the folder parent to the one that i have selected now into a right side of dual pane lister. this is the part that i can do.

here's the part i'm messing up. once i have my dual pane lister, left pane is the group flat view, right pane is the parent parent folder of the file selected in the left pane. But~ i said earlier that the right pane has 100 files in it. i would like the convenience of opus selecting for me in the right pane the same file selected in the left, the one whose parent i open to the right pane.

i made this button:
Go OPENINDUAL=vert "OPENCONTAINER"
Select SOURCETODEST

both of these lines work i think. the first line (when it's alone) make opus open the parent folder the file selected on one side into a whole new right side vertical pane; go from one pane grouped view to two pane grouped view (left) and parent folder normal (right). the second line (when it's alone) tells opus to select on the right side the same file as on the left, which would be the one whose parent has been opened to the right (confusing ; :wink:.

when i put both of these lines together into one button just like i have above, opus tells me to 'select destination folder'; it runs the second line too soon. it runs the second line before the first one has a chance to even open a destination, so i guess since opus doesn't see one open (yet) it asks me for one.

i just wanted to know how i can fix the button or is there a way i can add a slight delay to give the right sided pane (destination) time to open up so that opus can see it, so that opus will not ask me for 'select destination folder'

thanks!

If it were me I make the button a 3 button button where a left click did the first part, and a right click did the second.

But you could also give the following button code a try.

@nodeselect
Set FOCUS=Left SOURCE=Left
dopusrt /cmd Select SOURCETODEST

If you never want to use this on a zip file or other type of archive then you can do it with a single line:

Go OPENINDUAL PATH {filepath$}

That will open the path in the other side of the lister and also select the file.

If you run it on a zip file, though, it will instead open the zip file in the other side of the lister. So John's button is probably better in general.

By the way, there's no need for the quotes around "OPENCONTAINER". They don't seem to do any harm either, though.

@nodeselect
Set FOCUS=Left SOURCE=Left
dopusrt /cmd Select SOURCETODEST

does just what i wanted! thanks everyone!

since the last problem was solved, and to not waste a spot making a new thread, i'd like to ask here quick question:

is there a button command that i could make to move/copy a file selected on the right pane into the folder selected in the right pane?

thanks!

So you want to select a folder and a file, in the same pane, and then click a button to move the file into the folder?

It's probably possible, but I don't know if it's possible to do it in a safe way that won't do strange things if you accidentally select more than two things. (Without using VBScript or something.)

Maybe a better way to do this would be to cut or copy the file (Ctrl-X/Ctrl-C), then right-click the folder you want it to go into and select Paste.

kinda.. what i would like to do is have a 2 pane lister open and have a folder selected in the right pane. then select some files in the left pane. once that is done, i would like to copy/move the files selected in the left pane into the folder selected in the right pane.

i would like to do this so i won't have to keep opening folders in the right pane into tabs; i would just have to send the files selected in the left pane to the folder selected in the right pane without even having to open the folder selected in the right pane.

thanks!

Try:

Copy MOVE TO "{filepathdest$}"

That may do what you want.

this program is amazing...

I have created a button using the Copy MOVE TO "{filepathdest$}" but when I select multiple files and press the button, only one of the selected files is moved to the selected folder in the destination lister; all other files are moved to the parent folder of the selected folder. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Confirmed. Seems to be a bug with the way {filepathdest$} is processed when there are multiple files selected in the source. I've reported it to GPSoftware.

For now you can work around it using this:

dopusrt /cmd Copy MOVE TO {filepathdest$}

Update: I spoke to Jon about this briefly and what I thought was a bug isn't really a bug, just how the {filepathdest$} code works... (Made sense once he explained it.) But there should be a way to assign {filepathdest$} to a variable with the @set command and then use that for multiple lines and right now that doesn't seem to work... Anyway, for now you can use the dopusrt /cmd trick and hopefully in the future there will be a nicer way of doing it.

Thanks for the alternate code...works great!