Dopus 9 Bug List

Here comes my quick and dirty, yet double-checked, bug list of v9.
[ol][li] A locked tab which is supposed to show D:/Desktop, when clicked instead shows "My Computer" most of the time (but not always).
[/li]
[li] When double-clicking on a drive in "My Computer" it takes like 15 seconds until Dopus reacts and opens the drive.
[/li]
[li] The Copy Filter Dialog shows up at random delete/copy actions without having been activated.
[/li]
[li] Scrolling in long listers shows an extremely high acceleration even when the "smooth scrolling" setting is OFF. Scrolling speed and acceleration really SHOULD conform to the system standard of list scrolling speed and NOT behave completely different as it is the case with Dopus at present. Makes it very hard to find my way in long files lists.
[/li]
[li] Find Files as well as the Quick File Filter field still don't work in collections.
[/li]
[li] Dragging a file onto the breadcrumb path in a lister's header (when trying to move the file e.g. into the upper directory) makes the file list scroll instead.
[/li]
[li] When trying to pull out a file (drag-and-drop) from a lister in the background, onto the window of another application, e.g. Word, the Dopus lister gets in the foreground -- and the other application's window first has to be activated again by dragging the file over the Taskbar button of the other application. Windows Explorer really can do better, since it stays in the background if you click-and-drag a file from a file list over another window.
[/li]
[li] I'd need to - but can't - change the thumbnail cache directory anymore.
[/li]
[li] Sometimes there is a loss of focus of the file lister when previewing a Word document, PDF document or an avi file.
[/li]
[li] Ctrl+C still does not work for text selected in the preview pane for html files.
[/li]
[li] Ctrl+C and Ctrl+X as well as Copy and Cut from the menu or context menu sometimes don't work at all on listers of network shares.
[/li]
[li] Mouse pointer and respective file action when when copying or moving files is not consistent.[/li][/ol]
Finally three small feature requests:
[ol]
[li] I'd like to apply a changed folder format not only to all future listers, but also to all already open tabs
[/li]
[li] It would be nice to be able to edit header names in the lister since in some languages some of the header names are just ridiculously long like e.g. "Relatives Alter" or "Größe auf Datenträger" in German.
[/li]
[li] Find Files as well as the Quick File Filter should also work in collections. [/li][/ol]

David.P

If you want to report a list of bugs so they will be fixed then you should send them to GPSoft directly via: gpsoft.com.au/Support.html

If you want to discuss problems with other users here in the forum it's much better to post one issue per thread and, if possible, send things in when you notice them so there's a trickle of posts rather than them all arriving at once. Not only does this make it easier for other people when they search for issues, it also reduces the burden on people who want to reply.

With so many points in a single message the choice is either to spend an hour working out replies to every point or to reply to only some and risk others falling through the cracks unnoticed. I prefer the former, since I'd rather reply later but not miss anything, but that also means that it'll have to wait until I have time, even though some of the points may be quick ones.

The thread also becomes impossible to follow as it's really 15 threads interwoven into one with replies about separate things.

I'm guessing that I'm not alone in struggling to read, think about and reply to all the messages in the forum at the moment. There's a lot of activity and as a result of that I'm having to leave lots of messages unread until I find the time. I'm assuming other helper-outers here have the same problem, as do GPSoft themselves no doubt. Posts with lots of things to consider easily fall into the "look at it when I have more time" category, rather than the "I'm on my lunch break so I'll have a quick read and reply" category.

Appreciated. Everyone can see that you are doing a hell of a job in the forum at the moment.

I'll send the list to GPSoft as well.

David.P

Cool. :slight_smile:

I will reply eventually, unless someone else does first. :slight_smile:

BTW, that wasn't directed at you personally; this isn't the first post to have a list of things. :slight_smile: