DOpus keeps asking me what to open MS Office files with

Hello everyone.

I've been trying out DOpus 10 recently and fell in love with it to the point where I'm thinking of buying it. But lately I stumbled upon a weird problem when opening an Excel or Word file : DOpus systematically asks me what program I should open it with even though the "remember my choice" box is ticked. I used to have both Office 2010 and Open Office installed, so I uninstalled Open Office thinking that would be the end but it's not.

I should point out that Windows' file explorer doesn't have this problem (I'm on Seven 64 bits). Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Did you mean Opus 10, or Opus 11?

If you're trying out the program, there's no reason not to use the latest version, and it may mean the issue doesn't happen anymore. The latest version can be downloaded here:

gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/download.asp

Like I said it was DOpus 10.

I downloaded the trial a while ago (before 11 came out) then forgot about it. I stumbled on the .exe recently and didn't check if there was a more recent one. I'll give it a go, I just hope I won't have to redo all my settings...

You won't have to redo your settings, as long as you install the new version over the top of the old version. (Uninstalling wipes your config, so don't do that.)

This may also be relevant, if you want to keep custom toolbars: Your old toolbars are still there after you upgrade.

The problem is gone with version 11.

Sometimes life is as simple as an upgrade :slight_smile:

Thank you guys for your suggestions and help.