Dopus (v. 13.1) Hangs When Trying To Move files open in Viewer

When accidentally I try to delete, move or copy a url that is open in viewer, Dopus denies the action (partially understandable) but by trying to cancel, it hangs and finally I have to close it from Task Manager. It happens to any kind of file open in viewer, except for txt files. This was not happening in v. 12.33

Even JPEGs?

It seems that no, not jpegs

Which types is it happening for? This is important because types like Office and PDF documents use external viewers.

urls and htms are 2 kinds, I'll check for others. Folders that contain those kinds of files cannot be moved or deleted when a file is in viewer. Additionally urls lead to dopus crash without being able to cancel the action. Since I have always the viewer on, it's certain that mouse will eventually point on some of those files.

This may be caused by the same thing that’s breaking your progress dialogs, since those are involved with file copying/moving. I would get to the bottom of that first in case they are the same issue.

Crashes should usually result in some crash logs you can send to us, which may reveal the cause:

If it’s freezing rather than crashing, that page links to another with instructions on how to send us snapshots of the process for analysis.

I think I found the responsible program for the progress indicators: "Actual Window Manager" . Luckily it was enough to create an exception for dopus, because uninstallation wasn't an option since I'm depending on this program for my work. Of course I abandoned a lot of the functionality I had with v.12 (roll up, stay on top, transparency, resizing, alignment and so on). However the url problem remains. If by accident the mouse arrow points on a url (while the viewer is open) and somebody tries to delete it or make any folder change, dopus freezes. The viewer cannot be closed and the action cannot be cancelled. It's necessary to use the task manager to shut down dopus. By the way, the urls cannot be loaded in viewer - there is a message "loading" and nothing happens

If you search the forum for "Actual Window Manager", there are threads about various weird problems it causes going back to 2009.

We've also found that disabling or adding exclusions for similar tools isn't always enough, as their hooks and DLLs remain in the process. (They don't do as much, but can still go wrong. Don't know if that applies to AWM specifically but have seen it with similar tools.)

Re the freeze, it may still be AWM or could be something else. Please make some snapshots and send them to us when Opus is in that state:

While it's frozen, please make some process snapshots and send them to us.

Can you also give more detail on what's happening? How is the URL file being deleted while the mouse is over it? (E.g. Via the Delete key within Opus, or is it being deleted some other way?)

Is Edge what's displaying the URL file in the viewer pane, or something else? (It should say after the filename in the pane's title.)