Enhancements: Rename dialog

[quote="MrC"]These are great additions. I added a 4th in my list too, and happened to see you replied. Another one:

• Allow the Rename dialog to remain Open and provide an Apply button. This way, you can use lots of presets quickly. This allows lots of little presets that do little things be called upon quickly. It is very time consuming to keep calling up Rename and scrolling the the preset list. Apply would make the changes, and update the file list with the newly named files.[/quote]

Yes for the love of God, an Apply button that leaves the Rename window open without changing any settings, please.

Working on a long list of files or folders where I have to use a different regex each time - for example ^s(.) to \1, then on the same list of file/folders ^r(.) to \1, ^x(.*) to \1 ad infinitum. For EACH rename I have to 1) hit Rename button which I have put on a toolbar, 2) click Type: Regular Expressions, 3) paste and edit in the Old Name regex, or use the drop down to select an old one and edit, 4) do the same with New Name, 5) click Case Sensitive, 6) click OK and repeat.

Would save a LOT of time and clicking to have a good 'ol Apply button :stuck_out_tongue:

Until GP Software reworks the Rename dialog, try the Dynamic Renamer.

Dynamic Renamer

It will allow you to chain transformations one after the other in the Rename dialog.

[quote="chazcon"]
Yes for the love of God, an Apply button that leaves the Rename window open without changing any settings, please.

Working on a long list of files or folders where I have to use a different regex each time - for example ^s(.) to \1, then on the same list of file/folders ^r(.) to \1, ^x(.*) to \1 ad infinitum. For EACH rename I have to 1) hit Rename button which I have put on a toolbar, 2) click Type: Regular Expressions, 3) paste and edit in the Old Name regex, or use the drop down to select an old one and edit, 4) do the same with New Name, 5) click Case Sensitive, 6) click OK and repeat.

Would save a LOT of time and clicking to have a good 'ol Apply button :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

As it stands, likely it will still take a while .. :frowning:
regretfully so.

"DO11 Enhancements: Rename dialog (2)"

[quote="MrC"]Until GP Software reworks the Rename dialog, try the Dynamic Renamer.

Dynamic Renamer

It will allow you to chain transformations one after the other in the Rename dialog.[/quote]

I love it! Thank you!

Well not love... I like it a lot!

If it's not there already, you can add @nodeselect to your Rename button, and then do one Rename, click OK, then click Rename again to do another on the same files.

Thanks Leo I will try this.