EverythingDopus - A utility to integrate Everything with Directory Opus

Did you have trouble adding the beta package to dopus?
Could you be more specific? As far I remember, it should be the same steps - just need to download the newest package from github :slight_smile:

I had no trouble downloading the beta package. Originally, I downloaded the full release version which was compiled into an executable file with button etc. To install the beta involved downloading the uncompiled backage and then placing the revised script into the add-in folder in DOPUS. This was a difference procedure and my way of working it out was from DOPUS help topics that described the osp file. My comment was to point out that some people are unable to work this out. Alternatively, you could publish the installer versions for the beta offerings.

I got to say again, Everything is awesome. The speed is excellent and throwing the results into a collection is perfect. I use the -startup switch to hide the Everything window on startup to hide it and it runs as a service. Instant system-wide search, can't beat that!

This is my button.
everything.dcf (469 Bytes)

1 Like

Would you please generate "ed.exe" for 2.0b2 ?
With 2.0b1 ,use this command :ed "C:\Program Files" exe
I will get "No result were found"

Am I correct that in DO it's not possible (or not necessary for majority) to create such dynamic search as it's in original Everything app, which searches as you type, while here we define query and execute it?

look at this.

Currently you can use AutoHotkey to open the Everything interface to search, and then send the results to the DOpus collection. (Obviously this is out of scope for this thread)

Wow, thanks. Maybe will try it eventually. (But probably will stick to OG app, because I like extensive result lists)

My apologies, I forgot to upload the packages. Download v2.0b2 at:

Updated to v2.0 beta 3 - It fixes some issues with quote parsing when running from cmd (I was testing on powershell only). This also fixes some issues with trailing slashes in quoted paths.

3 Likes

Added v2.0 Beta 4:

• Added a trailing slash to the Search Folder action, improving search accuracy
  • Added Clear History button
4 Likes

@Zoc could you please support to configure the location of dopus and everything?

@mitchneal If you shift click the button, you can pick the location of the ed.exe executable :slight_smile:

I do not have the file ed.exe.

I had to run *Make-Release.ps1, (a step not in the instruction) to create *EverythingDopus.osp," but it does not appear to have built ed.exe.

EverythingDopus (ed.exe) is linked near the top of the root post.

1 Like

This is fantastic, can't wait to start using it!

3 Likes

Hi, this looks very nice, it seems it does not work on the alpha version for some reason when you hit search it says that everything is not running. Any clues or maybe I should stick with the stable version? I like their alpha for the dark theme mostly.

Disabling the Everything 1.5a instance:

• Copy and paste the following into your Everything search box:
    /alpha_instance=0
  • Press ENTER in your Everything search box.
  • If successful, alpha_instance=0 is shown in the status bar for a few seconds.

Restart Everything:

• From the File menu, click Exit.
  • Restart Everything.
1 Like

Hopefully the solution @WKen posted works for you :slight_smile:
If not, the original post has another solution that fixes the alpha_instance issue, at the bottom of it

EverythingDopus v2.0 released on GitHub.

Changes since EverythingDopus 1.2:

• Added custom search dialog to EverythingDopus.js
  • Added history of the last 10 search strings
  • Added clear history button
  • Added trailing slash to the "Search Folder" action
  • Invalid filename characters are now replaced with an underscore
  • Quotes are now correctly parsed
5 Likes

Thank you so much it is very useful for me

2 Likes