Extensions and Context Menus

Well, I am partial to using layouts... but either way works. Now that I see your other settings... Nudels suggestion is probably the quickest way to get yourself a 'static' opening screen that will be consistent across all the methods of opening a new lister.

I'm curious though, the other topic I mentioned before covers this very area of settings and although I hadn't realized at first - it was YOUR topic - LOL. I guess the description wasn't clear?

[url]Startup folders]

Steje/Nudel:

I don't doubt that you've spelled this all out for me... I'm just being (amazingly) slow getting it. And I've always thought of myself as pretty quick on computers!

If I just get this "dependable starting point of entry" established for each time I start up DO, then maybe I can start adding things one at a time...

CB

I'm not totally certain how, but I THNIK I finally have my startup lister set up...

I cleared all the boxes in "Opening Listers", set the "Default Settings" the way I wanted them (using in addition the "finder tool", and set the default folders. I'm still not REAL clear on how I got the right pane (Explorer lister) to consistently start up with the large icons, but I did.

Now this may seem like a dumb question (and this is new?) but what do I or how do I save all this so that if I were to, say totally screw this up, that I would be able to bring it all back and "start over?

Maybe then I could stop beating this dead horse and take a look at some of the options.

BTW, all this hassle has just made me like DO more, 'cause I've seen up close how truly flexible and powerful it is...

It's just been a while since I had a piece of software I couldn't just "jump in to" without some prep... knocked me down a peg maybe...

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Settings->Import and Export

Good thing steje, since I'm already messing around....

How does Settings->Import and Export differ form exporting a registry setting, like, say HKCU\Software\GPSoftware\Directory Opus?

Regards,
Chuck

Settings->Import and Export[/quote]

Settings->Import and Export dumps much more than just what's located under the Directory Opus registry key.

A-h-h...

Thanks,
Chuck