GP SoftwareTwitter
Opus FAQsManualCommandsObjects

Extracting multiple ZIP files steals focus

When I select a lot of ZIP files and run "Extract to Destination Folders", the lister keeps stealing focus every time a new file starts extracting. If I open a new lister and try to do work in it, the lister I started the extraction in will steal the focus over and over as it's extracting new files.

Also, in between each ZIP file, the job in the jobs bar disappears and the jobs bar briefly says "No file operations running at the moment" before the next file starts and a new progress bar pops up. There doesn't appear to be a way to totally stop the job I've started of extracting all the individual ZIP files, it seems like I can only stop one at a time.

Does the focus issue still happen if you set Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced [Cosmetic]: jobsbar_no_arrow to True?

That seems to have fixed the focus issue! The other issue still remains, but focus issue is gone as far as I can tell.

Thanks for confirming. We'll have a fix for that in the next update.

Re aborting the operation, while each zip file gets its own new progress dialog, if I abort the current progress dialog, it also aborts all further extraction of archives. Does that not happen for you?

(I'm aborting extraction via the Abort button in the progress dialog. Have not tried other methods like right-clicking the jobs bar icon, in case you're doing something different.)

Thanks! It does look like aborting one will abort the rest, I just have to time it right to be able to do that if the files unzip quickly but there's a bunch of them. It can be hard to bring up the dialog to abort in time.