F-Secure manual scan option gone since SAFE version 8.1

Does this exist in your registry?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shell\F-Secure Virus Scan

Done: < regedit > < search > " full hive key above "
Output, effect:
" Searching the registry is complete. "
Apart from this mini popup window I don't see any result.
No output, either when clicking on "OK" .
So my impression, answering your question, is " No, the string is not found in the Windows 10 registry ".

I don't think RegEdit can search for a full path. You'd need to either search for the last component (F-Secure Virus Scan) and see which places it's in (it should be in more than one), or go directly to the path in the tree to check if it's there.

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shell\F-Secure Virus Scan
Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\F-Secure Virus Scan
Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\F-Secure Virus Scan
Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\F-Secure Virus Scan
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shell\F-Secure Virus Scan
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\DesktopBackground\Shell\F-Secure Virus Scan
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\background\shell\F-Secure Virus Scan
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shell\F-Secure Virus Scan

What's in the AllFilesystemObjects one?

FIY: 1:1 Dutch will do Leo? else I can translate

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shell\F-Secure Virus Scan
Naam Type Gegevens
ab (Standaard) REG_SZ (geen waarde ingesteld)
ab ExplorerCommandHandler REG_SZ {BEB62674-6209-497B-A2F9-8FBD0F051C5B}
ab MultiSelectModel REG-SZ Player

That looks correct, and matches what's on my machine.

So Opus 12.26.1 should be talking to their DLL (fsscanwizardcontextmenu_64.dll) to ask if it wants to add any context menu items.

It's possible the DLL fails to load (which could be the antivirus itself blocking dopus.exe from opening its DLL; we've seen that happen once or twice) or has a problem on its side, or some other registry data needed to load the DLL is missing.

A Process Monitor log of both registry and filesystem activity when a folder is right-clicked might reveal something.

Thanks for making the log!

It shows the registry entries are being found correctly, at least. After that, it seems to skip to processing other menu items, but I can't tell why. It could mean the shell extension failed to load or didn't add any items, but could also be due to other things.

In Opus 12.26.2, we'll add some additional logging to the context_menu_debug troubleshooting setting, which should tell us more about what's happening on your machine. Once 12.26.2 is out, please install it and then:

• Go to Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced and turn on context_menu_debug

• Get Microsoft's DebugView and run it (doesn't require any installation; ignore any messages about Dbgv.sys as we don't need it).

If you then right-click a file that should show the menu item, you should see output from Opus in DebugView. Please save that to a text file (File > Save As in DebugView) and attach it or put the contents in a code block:

```
[Paste text here]
```

(If you do that with 12.26.1, it might show something useful, but it depends how far it's getting. The extra information I've added for 12.26.2 should make it more useful for this particular issue.)

Remember to turn off context_menu_debug when you're finished, as leaving it on will slow down right-clicks.

2 Likes

Leo: thanks for solving my issue. Got several configurations (computers) and all is 'back to normal'.
afbeelding