Feature Request: Help REF=scripting

Hi DOpus Team,

the title already says it: Could you add a new option to the Help REF command that links directly to the Scripting reference section in the Help file, similar to 'commands', 'metadata' etc.?

Thanks a lot,
MartO

...not a very important addition, obviously, but it would save me (and perhaps some others?) a lot of always-the-same-clicks, particularly since leaving the Help open is not an option because it still tends to jump in front of everything else unwanted (see [url]Some command put Help on top of program]).
Plus I hope it should be fairly simple to add... :wink:

Thanks again,
MartO

Have a look at this thread: Help is stealing focus

Thanks, kundal, hadn't seen that one. Very helpful workaround!
MartO

[quote="MartO"]Hi DOpus Team,

the title already says it: Could you add a new option to the Help REF command that links directly to the Scripting reference section in the Help file, similar to 'commands', 'metadata' etc.?

Thanks a lot,
MartO[/quote]

FWIW, I usually use a browser, with a bookmark to here.

(The web documents don't have changes added in beta versions, so sometimes I still go to the local help file, but usually I just use the web.)

I guess you could make a button that runs this (make sure to correct the paths if needed):

"C:\Windows\hh.exe" "mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Help\dopus.chm::/Documents/Scripting/scriptingobjects.htm"

It opens the Scripting Objects page, which makes the topictree expand the correct section, and the page has more usable information
than the Scripting Reference parent topic (which only has two "unique" links and almost nothing else).

I use this one, it also expands the "Scripting Objects" node (showing AboutData) and does not care about paths. o)

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="label" textcol="none"> <label>ScriptingReference</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="script"> <instruction>@script jscript</instruction> <instruction>function OnClick(data){</instruction> <instruction> var home=DOpus.FSUtil.Resolve(&quot;/home&quot;);</instruction> <instruction> DOpus.NewCommand.RunCommand(&apos;hh.exe &quot;mk:@MSITStore:&apos;+home+&apos;/Help/dopus.chm::/Documents/Scripting/AboutData.htm&quot;&apos;);</instruction> <instruction>}</instruction> </function> </button>

You can use {alias|home} to resolve an alias in a normal command, if that's all scripting was being used for there. (Although it doesn't make much difference. If it works, it works!)

Also, it seems that the syntax for opening help files has been simplified - you can just use hh.exe without any more prefixes to the help file's path.
So my button now looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" hotkey="shift+f1" label_pos="right" textcol="none"> <label>Help (&amp;Scripting Objects)</label> <tip>Displays the Directory Opus help</tip> <icon1>#default:contents</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>/windows\HH.EXE {alias|home}\Help\dopus.chm::/Documents/Scripting/AboutData.htm</instruction> </function> </button>
Thanks for all the input!

@leo
{alias|home}, yes thanks! o) I was indeed wondering at the time doing the button, on how to get "home" without using a script! o)

With that reduced syntax, the button is near perfection I'd say! o) Thx!

Thanks, I didn't notice it until now.
I usually just rightclick on the page I want, select properties, then I copy the address shown.

Thanks for Help REF=scripting in 11.7.1 but item is missing here.