[FR] Triple buttons also when using menu button

I would like to have the triple buttons in combination with the menu button. The first 3 entries could be used/reserved for triple function (left, right and middle nousebutton), while 4th and more entries can only be accessed via menu.

+1 !!!

You can put a menu into a triple-button, that maybe gets you a bit closer to what you are aiming for.
I have done so for the "Properties" button, if pressed left, a menu opens, if pressed right, I get straight into "SetAttr".

The drawback is: The menu appears differently, it is put to the side and feels quite different to a regular menu button.
Additionally, the left-click action of the triple-button is "lost", because it opens the menu now instead of firing an action.

Just in case you wanna try, here it is:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" dropdown_glyph="yes" label_pos="right" min_width="yes" popout="bottom" textcol="none" type="three_button"> <label>P&amp;roperties</label> <icon1>#properties</icon1> <button backcol="none" display="both" label_pos="right" min_width="yes" textcol="none" type="menu"> <label>P&amp;roperties</label> <icon1>#properties</icon1> <button backcol="none" display="both" label_pos="right" textcol="none"> <label>P&amp;roperties</label> <tip>View properties for selected files and folders</tip> <icon1>#properties</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Properties</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" label_pos="right" textcol="none"> <label>P&amp;roperties</label> <tip>View properties for selected files and folders</tip> <icon1>#properties</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Properties</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" hotkey="ctrl+B" label_pos="right" textcol="none"> <label>Attributes\tCtrl+B</label> <tip>Change the attributes and timestamps of selected files</tip> <icon1>#setattr</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>SetAttr</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" hotkey="ctrl+P" label_pos="right" textcol="none"> <label>Description\tCtrl+P</label> <tip>Enter your own description for selected files</tip> <icon1>#setcomment</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>SetAttr DESCRIPTION</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" hotkey="ctrl+M" label_pos="right" textcol="none"> <label>Edit Metadata\tCtrl+M</label> <tip>Edit the metadata of selected files</tip> <icon1>#editmeta</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>SetAttr META</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" label_pos="right" textcol="none"> <label>Set Label</label> <tip>Assign a label to a file or folder</tip> <icon1>#setcolor</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Properties SETLABEL=!menu</instruction> </function> </button> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" hotkey="ctrl+B" label_pos="right" textcol="none"> <label>Attributes</label> <tip>Change the attributes and timestamps of selected files</tip> <icon1>#setattr</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>SetAttr</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>MidMouse</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>//unused</instruction> </function> </button> </button>

Another +1 as I requested this three years ago!

Thanks tbone for example button, but I really want that real triple-button menu.

When DO10 came out with the "renewed" and for beginners easier toolbars, DO "lost" focus to one its main features - the triple buttons. I e.g. have some special copy-commands, which I would like to put into the copy-button-menu, but I don't want to loose the triple functionality, as it's faster and I get used to. Actually I need a second button as menu, while the standard and most used commands are triple-buttons. A combination really would be great.

An "official" statement for this request would be fine...

We have officially read the thread. We're not committing to anything at this stage but consider all ideas.

It's essential for DO's consistent design/GUI :slight_smile:.