Get and sort by size automatically

I apologize if there is already a way to do this. And if there is and someone can tell me how to do it I would be very grateful.

I wish there was a button that would sort all subdirectories by size and go into each subdirectory and calculate it without me having to pause the mouse cursor over it. No matter how much disk space I have I tend to run out and have to go through and delete/uninstall things. Currently I am sorting by size then hovering over each directory so that Directory Opus will calculate the size.
Thanks,
Mike

The problem with that button is that it brings up a dialog. It would be nice if there were an option to calculate folder sizes in the background. It would also be nice if the "Calculate folder sizes automatically" setting had an option for folders sorted by file size.

I actually mentioned those settings in my last comment. Those settings apply folder auto-calculation broadly but my last post was referencing only appling folder calculation when sorted by size. I suppose you could also add that on a folder format basis, in fact that might be the better more versatile solution.

Folder formats can override the auto-calculate setting. More detail here, under Overriding for specific folders: Calculate Folder Sizes Automatically

1 Like

Perfect :slight_smile: