Go NEW 0,0

The command

Go NEW 0,0

Does not open the new lister at the upper left corner of the screen and is offset by 7 pixels on the x axis. Trying a negative number does not help (-7,0). Is this related to windows 10 and higher because of the 1 pixel wide window border? Although the y axis is correct and at 0.

Resizable windows in Windows 10 (and 11) have a thick, transparent border on all sides except the top. A window placed at 0,0 won't look like it's at the edge even though it technically is.

I'm surprised the negative coordinates don't work, though. Will take a look at that on Monday to see why that isn't working. It may be snapping the window to the screen, but when we do that we usually work out the visible area and only snap that, excluding the invisible borders.

Trying to pass a negative number Go NEW -7,0 will set the lister position even further than 7 pixel from the edge.

I've found this to work in the meantime.

Go NEW 0,0
[
Set LISTERPOS=-7,0
]

This command doesn't execute the Set LISTERPOS section

Go TABGROUPLIST NEW 0,0
[
Set LISTERPOS=-7,0
]

Go NEW=x,y wasn't accepting negative coordinates, but I've made those work for the next update.

You can also query the size of the invisible border via scripting (already in the current release), to get something that should work across DPIs and Windows versions:

function OnClick(clickData) {
    var cmd = clickData.func.command;
	var sb = DOpus.Create.SysInfo.ShadowBorder();
	var line = 'Go NEW=' + (-sb.left) + ',' + (-sb.top);
	cmd.RunCommand(line);
}

For example, on my system with 200% DPI scaling, sb.left returns 11 while sb.top returns 0.

(Although Windows 10 also has a bug where parts of the outer frame are not painted when the window is inactive if the system is in a high DPI mode. That can make it look like there's still a 1 pixel gap to the edge of the screen, when the window is inactive. Moving it another 1 pixel to the top and left can avoid that, but would also mean part of the border then crosses over to other screens if you have secondary screens to the left or above of the main one.)

That's now available in 12.28.2 beta, and will also be part of 12.29 when that gets released.