Hello! Request to add a new simplified script

I use DO and XY. In XY I can script whatever I want, while in DO I spend a lot of time learning the scripting language. Simplified scripts make it easier for people who don't know how to programmatically edit scripts (that's me...). For example I just need to see the help file for script parameters and examples, and then I can edit the script.

Translate from Google.

Simplified in what way?

I don't know programming, is it possible to define new script parameters?

CommandsId
:point_right:
Popupmenu

I'm really not sure what you're asking for, sorry. You'll need to be more specific.

Opus lets you create custom buttons (etc.) using two methods:

• Simple commands, which work a lot like the things you might run from a Command Prompt in Windows.

• Scripting, which let you do more complex things, but is not required for most simple things.

You can do most things using the simple commands, without needing to do any scripting at all.

You can edit the default toolbars to see the commands which they run. Most of them are just single-line commands, although a few are more complex, and a couple even use scripts.

The forum has quick links to documentation on the commands here:

The same menu also has a quick link to details on scripting, but if you're trying to avoid programming and complexity then you probably don't want that and should stick to the simple commands.

Just make the script simple...
CommandsId
First, can you set the ID for each feature and script? Then, you just need to enter the ID in the script to use the corresponding features and scripts.

I don't understand how assigning an arbitrary numerical ID to a script somehow makes it simplified.

e.g.

AHK:

Opus has names for all of its commands. That is easier to use than cryptic numeric identifiers that you have to look up in a table somewhere. Your request does not make any sense if the aim is to simplify things. What you're asking for would make things more complex and harder, not easier.

If you aren't sure what the command for an action in Opus is, just edit the toolbar or menu it is on and you can find the command that way. It will be something like Set VIEW=Thumbnails instead of 3072374. I know which one I find easier to understand.

I know that all Opus commands have names.
But if it is a large custom script, or multiple Opus features, scripts, the ID is simpler, just use ; to separate, or is there another way?
I like to use the ahk script, assign a key in the AHK script and restore normal keystrokes by killing the AHK program when not needed. There is also the use of mouse gestures.

Numeric IDs are not simpler than names. How do you even know what any of them are without looking them up?

It sounds like you’re just used to the way another piece of software works, even though that way is objectively worse and more complex.

1 Like

It's simpler for me to list all features, scripts in a list, each with an ID.Because I'm really used to the way another software works.

I haven't learned to script in Opus yet, I will search the forum for scripts, but I don't know how to simply add to AHK scripts...

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

If you want a list of commands, that is what the default menus and toolbars are already. You can look through them to see various things you can do, and you can edit them (via Tools > Customize Toolbars) to see the commands they run if you need to find them out.

The manual has more comprehensive documentation on the commands and arguments. It would not be possible to provide a simple, complete list of every single command as that list would be infinite. (For example, you could have a button which navigates to C:\My Folder and another button that navigates to C:\My Other Folder. We can't list every possibility as a simple list, since you can add any path you want to the commands and the list of possible paths is infinite.) But if you want a simple list of typical commands, you already have it, in the menus and toolbars that come with Opus.

Maybe look at User Commands and Script Add-In commands, they are both ways you can extend the built-in command set to add your own functions. You could even give your custom functions cryptic numeric names if that's what you really want.