Here are the Windows Script Host / ActiveScript Reference Manuals

DirectoryOpus has ActiveScripting support, but, these days, it may be a bit difficult to find all those reference manuals on Microsoft's site.

An index of all documents is available here: Microsoft Docs for Windows Scripting, JScript & VBScript

Here we find the full references for:

On a side note, there is a way to equip ActiveScript with objects and methods (only) from EcmaScript5 (JSON, map, reduce) during runtime by importing them from the htmlfile object, as described here:

I think it might be nice to move this to the FAQ section, since it covers some basic aspect of the way, we can use Dopus.

6 Likes

Nice compilation!!
I verified that for example using

var htmlfile = new ActiveXObject('htmlfile'), Array;
htmlfile.write('<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=10" />');
htmlfile.close(Array = htmlfile.parentWindow.Array);

I can use the Array.{filter, forEach, map} methods.

1 Like

I wanted to contribute to this topic in case anyone else runs into a similar problem.
I imported the JS Date object to use it for calendar correct time shifting purposes. I had many references to the constructor and ran into the error "Can't execute code from a freed script" which is a problem related to IE (stackoverflow). I wasnt able to find a direct solution to this, but what i did was reducing the calls to the constructor to a minimum (once per file) by using custom date objects (dictionaries) and only using the date object when actually timeshifting by converting the dictionaries to a Date object before and back to dicionaries after shifting. Hope this helps.

Another resource https://jsdoc.inflectra.com

recently discovered by Interesting find for JScript authors

1 Like

Very nice.
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is ActiveScript?
Wiki gives the explanation below but that means nothing to me.
Is it that ActiveScript is some sort of foundation function within windows to support or enable 3rd party scripting? Please keep it simple otherwise you lose me quick!

This is probably all you need to read/know:

1 Like

Sort of, yes. It's a bit more complicated, but your assumption is right, practically speaking.

1 Like