How to add new "Open in Windows Terminal" feature to Directory Opus?

Microsoft just released Windows Terminal Preview 1.1 and added this function:

You can now right click on a folder in File Explorer and select “Open in Windows Terminal”. This will launch Windows Terminal with your default profile in the directory you had selected from File Explorer.

Annotation 2020-06-19 160135

This feature will come to the non preview build of Windows Terminal in July 2020.

Now my question: is there a way to add this feature to Opus Directory? Or will this be implemented in the future anyway since Windows Terminal is an official microsoft app? I installed the preview and see the entry in the normal file explorer but not in Directory Opus.

If you install the current beta version of Opus, that context menu should work already.

(Edit: I was confusing it with something else, I think.)

Thank you for your reply. I just installed Directory Opus 12.20.8 beta and the context menu entry is not there for me. I did some restarts and also reinstalled the Windows Terminal preview.

When I check File Types > All folders > Context Menu I don't see anything but I also don't know if this is the right place to look.

Try this instead:

For right-clicking sub-folders, add this command to the All Folders context menu:

"C:\...path...\...to...\wt.exe" -d {filepath|noterm}

For right-clicking the background of the current folder, add this command to the Lister Context menu (Settings > Customize Toolbars > Context Menus):

"C:\...path...\...to...\wt.exe" -d {sourcepath|noterm}

I get this error:

Clipboard Image (1)

I added

"C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\wt.exe" -d {filepath|noterm}

so I think this is correct. I take a brake from this problem for today... I was hoping it would just work.

When I google the error I find this in context with the Terminal: Calling wt from cmd for working directory "C:\" causes an error · Issue #4571 · microsoft/terminal · GitHub

EDIT: I tried this How config Windows Terminal in Directory Opus Context menu - #14 by ghporras +

and this worked at least but not the first thing still.

Okay this

works in all folders except "C:\", "D:\". It does work in "D:\Test" for example. So I think my problem is kind of what people are discussing on GitHub: Calling wt from cmd for working directory "C:\" causes an error · Issue #4571 · microsoft/terminal · GitHub and it is not my or Directory Opus' fault.

I still can't get

to work.

Both commands do the same thing, they just pass a different path to wt.exe, so I don't know why one would work but not the other, unless you added it as the wrong type. (It needs to be added to the All Folders context menu as an Opus command.)

For the drive root problem, you might find it works with {sourcepath}. and {filepath}. but that's just a guess. wt.exe is not very mature software and they have some issues to iron out still.

Thank you! Now that I have selected "Run an Opus function (not supported in Explorer)" which I guess is an Opus command it works. As for the drive root problem I will just wait.