How to Give All My Folders Manual Sort Ability?

I want to be able to sort my folders alphabetically, chronologically, etc. but also all my folders have the ability to sort files manually. Of course, the manual sorting would be saved.

In order to do this, I tried enabling manual sort in my default folder format and also in my default lister but that didn't work. I still can't sort my folders manually. In order to sort my folders manually, I have to right-click an empty space in the folder, select Sort by, and select Manual Sort.

It's sort of getting tiresome and I wish all the folders are manually sortable by default.

Is there a way?

The Manual Sorting checkbox is not available in the default formats, so that definitely wouldn't work.

You can turn it on for path formats, but then you'd need to ensure you had a path format matching everything, which would probably not be a good idea (it'd start getting in the way of other formats).

Turning it on using a script is probably the best way:

function OnInit(initData)
{
	initData.name = "Always Manual Sort";
	initData.version = "1.0";
	initData.copyright = "(c) 2020 Leo Davidson";
	initData.url = "https://resource.dopus.com/t/how-to-give-all-my-folders-manual-sort-ability/36067/2";
	initData.desc = "Turn on manual sort in every folder";
	initData.default_enable = true;
	initData.min_version = "12.0";
}

function OnAfterFolderChange(afterFolderChangeData)
{
	var pathStr = (afterFolderChangeData.tab.path + "").toUpperCase();

if (pathStr.substr(0,2) == "::" || pathStr == "LIB://")
	{
	//	DOpus.Output("Rejected " + pathStr);
		return;
	}

// DOpus.Output("Accepted " + pathStr);

var cmd = DOpus.Create.Command();
	cmd.SetSourceTab(afterFolderChangeData.tab);
	cmd.RunCommand("Set MANUALSORT=on");
}
1 Like

Awesome. Thanks!

This was really bugging me. Every time I went to a new folder, I had to enable manual sort. I was going to throw my computer and send you the bill.