How to Set Default Folder Thumbnail Icon or Image

Hi,

In Short I am Looking for two Options.
---- Add Default Folder Thumbnail/Icon .
---- Use Image has Folder Thumbnail with Same name has Folder {parent}.jpg

I currently use these Settings for "Folder Thumbnail Settings" "Match Wildcard"

*(Folder.ico|folder.jpg|poster.jpg|cover.jpg|cover.png|show.jpg|Preview.jpg|preview256.png)

Everything Looks Great with all my Custom Folder Thumbnails,

However , If there is no image that matches in wild card . i get blank thumbnails for folders

Is there any Option to Set default folder Icon , If DirOpus did not find any of these "*(Folder.ico|folder.jpg|poster.jpg|cover.jpg|cover.png|show.jpg|Preview.jpg|preview256.png)"

use "C:\APPS\ICO\Folder.ico" default by Default ,
so that i dont need to copy Folder.ico to every Folder. I Guess not its not good for memory too :slight_smile:
I tried. addding "C:\APPS\ICO\Folder.ico" default at the end of Match Wildcard.

*(Folder.ico|poster.jpg|cover.jpg|show.jpg|C:\APPS\ICO\Folder.ico)

Also i have some thumbnails to folders with same name has Parant Folder.
it would be great to have this option.

FOLDERXVY
    >FIlea.jpg
    >FIleB.jpg
    >FIleD.max
    >FOLDERXVY.jpg    : Set this Image with Same Parant Folder name to Folder Thumbnail.
    (Low Priority only if Cover or folder.ico not Found)

i tried

*(Folder.ico|show.jpg|Preview.jpg|preview256.png|{parent}.jpg)

I played with all the setting i could find.
is there anything am missing, Any Help would be greatly apprciated
Thank you.

I don't know if this affects thumbnails or only icons (it will depend on what the Windows shell decides), but it's worth a try, along with turning shell folder icons back on in your Opus settings:

(You'd want to use icons with larger sizes, of course.)

If that doesn't work, any method that works to change File Explorer's folder thumbnails should also work with Opus (provided shell folder thumbnails are enabled in Opus).

1 Like

Setting up a default icon in the parent folder called "default.ico" and putting ..\default.ico in the wildcard box by itself loads that icon for all folder thumbnails, but I can't work out how to add it to the long wildcard string.

1 Like

Hi thanks for cool tip , still trying to figure it out how to add it to the long wildcard string

If you link your account, we can look into it.

how to do that

Next to your name on any of your own posts, it should say "please link your account", or similar. Click that and follow the brief instructions there.