How to Set Short Column Widths

Is there a way to set up my column widths in details mode to a certain limited measurement and then have them stay that way?
Even after setting them up manually, then setting pixel numbers in the folders box, setting default lister, etc--the width of the column expands so that the information I would like to see is out of view.
I didn't notice this issue in Opus 9.

I did look at the manual and did a brief search and what I read in a prior post (the commenter said Explorer's columns were
more stable) indicated Opus could not do this. If not, I would appreciate if it could be added in a later version. But I hope I read that post wrong. :slight_smile:

Melissa

In the Folder Options dialog, where you can see the column widths, click on the Display tab and you'll see an Auto-size columns option. It's on by default (like in the screenshot below), but you want to turn it off if you want to fix the size of your columns.

That's probably all you need to change.

(Remember the Folder Formats: Quick Guide if you need steps on saving the change so it applies to all folders.)

Yes, it was turned on; and I just tested it quickly with it off, and this seems to work much better. Thank you! :slight_smile: