Image Convert not working when targeting zip files

I have a script I use to manage folder images .

For holiday snaps I move the files in to zips, and set one of the images as a folder.jpg.
This used to work for for zip files but it no longer does. The Convert images dialog displays but nothing happens. I had to kill dopus to get rid of the dialog.

To reproduce,

• create a zip D:\temp\temp.zip
  • select an image file
  • run this command Image CONVERT=jpg AS "folder.jpg" TO "D:\temp\temp.zip" NOENLARGE PRESERVEASPECTRATIO REPLACE=always HEIGHT=500 WIDTH=500

This works ok when I try it.

What version of Opus are you using?

Are you using TeamViewer?

Edit: I was able to reproduce it when the source image is also in the Zip file. I assume this is what you're doing?

I thought it failed for the source file being both in and out of the Zip. However I noticed the issue when running the command on a file already in a zip, so maybe that was the only scenario. I can check later.

I believe I'm using the latest beta (not at PC).
TeamViewer is installed.

We've got a fix which will be in the next update. If you find it happens with source files outside of the zip too please let me know.

1 Like

Cool thanks @jon.
I was able to reproduce it when the source is not in the zip. But only if it had already faulted from previously running against a file in the zip. Also while testing it appears the command wont overwrite a file in the zip.

First test

• create zip with no folder.jpg
  • select file outside zip
  • run Image CONVERT as above
  • success, zip now has a folder.jpg
  • select another file outside of zip
  • Failed "Directory of file cannot be created (82)"

Second test

• create zip with no folder.jpg
  • select file inside zip
  • Failed with hung dialog
  • select file outside of zip (hung dialog is still open, zip does not contain a folder.jpg)
  • Failed with hung dialog

I have Dopus 12.7.3 installed. TeamViewer version 12 is installed.

I tested version 12.7.4 and the deadlock issue is resolved. Thanks for updating.

However the command does not replace existing files. I believe this used to work.

Same command Image CONVERT=jpg AS "folder.jpg" TO "D:\temp\temp.zip" NOENLARGE PRESERVEASPECTRATIO REPLACE=always HEIGHT=500 WIDTH=500

This is the error I receive.

Thanks, will be fixed in the next update.

thanks