Image toolbar position doesn't get saved

Greetings,

I've customized the toolbar to have the thumbnail bar in continuation of the main bar but to my surprise, the image toolbar resets its position to underneath it when I switch tabs.

Would there be a way to save the position? As I go through the tabs, the thumbnail bar which appears for some folders is a bit distracting as it pushes all my tabs down.

I am aware I can set that toolbar to appear on top/bottom/left/right using the Preferences / File Display Modes / Toolbars options, however I'd like on the top, to appear where I saved the customization :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

If you want it to be there all the time, in all display modes, that's easy enough:

• Set everything under Preferences / File Display Modes / Toolbars to None so it doesn't get turned on and off.
  • Then turn it on as a normal toolbar and position it where you want.
  • Use Settings > Toolbars > Set As Default Toolbar Set to save the toolbar state.

On the other hand, if you want the toolbar to turn on and off when changing display modes, but want it in a more complex position, I think the only way to do that is via scripting. Probably wouldn't be a complex script, though, unless there's something I haven't thought of. If you need help with that, we might be able to do something when we have some free time.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Setting it to None is exactly what I needed. Even though I fiddled with those options, I didnt think about trying None.

1 Like