Impossible to scroll full image area using new feature "Expand and scroll"

First of all, I would like to thank DO team for this particular feature. Indeed it is an ergonomic and cool way of viewing hi-res pictures, and I like it a lot. :thumbsup: But there is one problem - depending on the zoom level(e.g. 50% or 75%) and picture resolution sometimes it is impossible to scroll to every part of the image. I've uploaded a small video where I am showing what happens on different zoom levels on two pictures with different resolutions.

Video - here is the link.

The very same pictures that I tested on the video are attached to this message inside the zip archive.
Test.zip (1.2 MB)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open one of the pictures from the archive in DO viewer or open any other hi-res picture with similar resolution(for example 1920x1200 or 1916x3087).
  2. Set zoom level to 75%.
  3. Try to use expand and scroll.

P.S. I have a fullHd(1920x1080) monitor so there may be some differences.

At the moment it only works correctly when in fit-to-page or grow-to-page modes.

It was unintentional for it to also affect what happens with the normal zoom modes, but we only noticed it at the last minute before the beta went out.

We'll be refining the new feature to work better here. I'm not sure if it will be disabled in the normal zoom modes (so they work the same as before) or if it will be made to work with them (and scroll the image in the viewer somehow when you release the button). We're still thinking about that, although the original intent was the former.

There's also an issue where scrolling an image that is exactly the height of the monitor can make the taskbar flicker on and off as the bottom edge touches the bottom of the screen. We'll be fixing that.

Thanks for quick reply. At the beginning I too thought that this feature was intended to work only in fit-to-page mode, but then I decided that it would be better to inform you anyway. :slight_smile:

Btw, I know that it is offtopic here, but there is one thing that I wanted to ask for some time, is it possible to bind zoom to mouse wheel without "Ctrl"? So that I could zoom in and zoom out with mouse wheel only, not holding Ctrl button on the keyboard.

Not as far as I can tell. Might make sense as an option.

Crosslinking to thread for that:

I'm having this problem with any image no matter the size. There is also a white edge that appears in the direction that the image is moving which increases in size depending on the speed that i'm moving the image. It's not the edge of the image that's showing but the edge of the screen that's 'bleeding' white.

I'm on Windows 10 x64 built 1607 using the latest nvidia driver (and a few before that) if it matters.
And the regular stable Opus 12.4 x64 built 6288.

It's a fantastic feature if this could be solved :thumbsup:

Edit: Just updated to 12.5 x64 built 6327. No change.

An image smaller than the width of my monitor (but larger in height) does make the taskbar flickering stop. However this white edge bleeding still appears when the image is dragged over the edge of the monitor, but only on the image area itself.

Earth to Opus. :upside_down:

I should probably just have made a new topic?

Unless the white edge stays there after you stop moving the image, I think it's a normal part of how the image is painted.

We are not sure there is a way to fix the taskbar flickering with images that completely fill the screen, as it is something it does itself without us telling it to, and we have not found an API to tell it not to do it.

I don't doubt it, but it's very much an undesirable effect. :disappointed:

You have no control over the 'painter'? Can we get a better one? :innocent:
It's definitely possible because plenty other tools with click zoom don't have either of these issues.

The difference is though that those zoom in either confined within the window, or when already in fullscreen mode. Maybe that would be a good compromise?

Are you using the feature yourself? I can't imagine just accepting it, it's incredibly distracting is it not?

So what do you think ?