Instant crashes while opening Layouts

In the past weeks, Opus crashed instantly while opening Layouts with one or two Tabgroups in them. I have used both the Layouts and the Tabgroups for years with only minimal changes. Now the risk of a crash is maybe 1:7.

I think there is a good chance that these crashes are caused by the FolderChange events in the scripts EventSaveQuickFilter.js and EventUpdateEverythingFolderSize.js. On their own the scripts run without error.

I am sending the crashdumps via email.

Would it be possible to email a config backup? That might let us reproduce the crash, if it's (partially) tied to what's in the layouts and tab groups involved.

I've tried installing the scripts and opening some layouts with multiple tabs, and with the script column turned on too, but haven't seen any crashes so far. But it looks like most of the crashes happened when running commands which open tab groups after/while the layouts were opening, which I haven't tried yet. (Would be nicest to try with your config so the setup is the same.)

From what I can see so far, I think all the scripts and embedded commands happening as the window and tabs open are causing new actions to start before the old ones complete, and the internal state is getting messed up. We saw some problems like this a long while ago and fixed them, but it looks like there's still a way to trigger it somewhere, which we need to track down.

Many thanks for the config. Made it easy to work out what's going wrong.

The crash happens when a script add-in closes the file display during the OnBeforeFolderChange event.

We have a preliminary fix, which I'll send to you via PM.