Jeff Stewart (steje) v10

...but you know, now with v10 having been released for a few months or so, I've found that I rather like v10's default toolbar and menu layout quite alot!

So... I've done away with my old layout and modified the v10 defaults. Gone are the large crystalXP based icons, and lister/toolbar colors/images patterned after my preferred Olive colored theme on XP. The olive green colors in Opus (while matching nicely with the system theme) always looked like crap on other systems with default themes when running from USB... and the icons I cobbled together back then didn't look GREAT against stock Opus/system colors. Also, the newer iconsets produced by Cris (great work) didn't look great against the olive green colors. Now that I've abandoned those colors I appreciate the new icons alot more!

I also decided that to go with all small icon sizes in keeping with the v10 default toolbars... though in the end, this setup takes about the same space at the top of the lister window as my old toolbars with large buttons, mainly because the v10 "Menu" bar has buttons on it with icons whereas v9's "Listermenu" had no icons and was a bit lower profile.

Bottom line - I likey very much!

Current v10 (06/08/2011):

Old v9:

You don't have to change anything when moving to Win 7: This is exactly what you need .... :smiley: :

sizzledcore.com/2009/09/15/w ... windows-7/

What a horrible idea Christian :slight_smile:

Update to a much nicer interface only to ruin it by reverting back to the cartoon XP look....

I thought the silver version of Luna was okay and much nicer than the blue one (at least after you did something about the silly choices of light-gray, barely visible progress bar and selected-item colours) but I wouldn't go back from Aero glass now. :slight_smile:

Only thing I miss from XP's theme is the rounded tabs. :frowning:

That said, any version of Luna probably looks better than Aero basic. :frowning: Wish glass over Remote Desktop was enabled for Win 7 Pro (it's Ultimate only, not that anyone was told up-front and not that the RDP client tells you why remote glass doesn't work) so I never had to see that ugliness.

I was never satisifed with glass on Vista, but am quite poeased with what I have been able to do with it on Win7.

Exactly. (I still use XP though so I don't miss them yet.)

steje, how do you get your tabs to display that way? in particular, there is a dark bar over the top of the active tab.

Make sure that this is turned on in Opus: Settings -> Preferences / Listers / Folder Tabs: Use Visual Style under XP/Vista.

thats interesting. i have enabled that but for some reason i still have the same style. im thinking there is something in windows that ive disabled that is taking precedence?

Maybe your Windows visual style doesn't have tabs that look like that. If you're using XP and they look different (other than just a different colour) then you must be using a non-standard visual style.

The tabs should look the same as the ones in Task Manager.

[quote="leo"]Make sure that this is turned on in Opus: Settings -> Preferences / Listers / Folder Tabs: Use Visual Style under XP/Vista.[/quote]Hello Leo...

I don't have that option turned on, and I have just reminded myself of why. The selected tab's printing (just the writing, not the symbols) disappears when I select it. No idea why, but I just checked Task Manager and its tabs are fine.

PS: I am not using any non-Windows styles these days. Straight Win7.

If you don't have it turned on then the folder tab colours under Preferences -> Display -> Colors & Fonts will be used. You've probably got them configured so the selected tab text is the same as the selected tab background.

If you do turn the option on then the tabs should look the same as the ones in Task Manager, like I said.

If you don't have it turned on then the folder tab colours under Preferences -> Display -> Colors & Fonts will be used. You've probably got them configured so the selected tab text is the same as the selected tab background.

If you do turn the option on then the tabs should look the same as the ones in Task Manager, like I said.[/quote]Hello Leo...

Yes, that is essentially what happens to me, EXCEPT when it is turned on, the printing in the selected tab disappears. This does not happen on Task Manager.

Oh I see what you meant now, sorry. Can you post a screenshot showing what it looks like when it's wrong?

The fourth tab along in the top window, and the last tab in the bottom are the selected ones:

[Edited to make image an attachment. -Leo]

With the new forums, images can be uploaded to your post and either added at the end of the article, or included within it. No need for external image hosting.

As for your screenshot, please tell me that you don't normally use Opus with everything coloured green ? :slight_smile:

In Opus, go to Preferences / Display / Colors & Fonts and look under Other Colors for Folder tabs. It must be enabled with the selected text color set to white.

I didn't think any of those colors were used when the tabs were drawn using visual styles but I was wrong; the text colors are still used, so you must have changed that to white at some point.

[quote="steve"]With the new forums, images can be uploaded to your post and either added at the end of the article, or included within it. No need for external image hosting.[/quote]I noticed the attachment option, but could not see how to translate that from just a link in the message, to an actual image. I am aware of the img function, and used that to insert the ImageShack image, which Leo has since edited.

[quote]As for your screenshot, please tell me that you don't normally use Opus with everything coloured green ? :slight_smile:[/quote]Oh yes I do :exclamation: :sunglasses:

[quote="leo"]In Opus, go to Preferences / Display / Colors & Fonts and look under Other Colors for Folder tabs. It must be enabled with the selected text color set to white.

I didn't think any of those colors were used when the tabs were drawn using visual styles but I was wrong; the text colors are still used, so you must have changed that to white at some point.[/quote]That was the answer, Leo.

I had the selected tab set as a dark colour, and the selected text set as white to make it visible. Thanks.