I'm trying to decide between XYplorer and Directory Opus. I like the way XYplorer looks a lot but I know Directory Opus is miles ahead in terms of customization and features in general. I'm currently using the evaluation version of both while I decide which one to purchase. I really want it to be Directory Opus because of the customization, 64-bit support, multithreading, and many other things.
I have a few questions so that I can get settle on Directory Opus. I would really appreciate any answers you guys can give me.
- Rather than have the window panes side by side, how can I make them on top of each other like in XYplorer?
- In XYplorer, I can go to Window -> Show Info Panel to have a new panel be positioned at the bottom where I can see the properties, version, meta, etc of whatever file/folder I have selected. In Directory Opus, you can see the same information by going to Properties. Is there a way to have a similar properties panel toggled on/off in Directory Opus?
- In XYplorer, when looking at the columns that have date information (such as last modified), I can change it to many different formatting options such as showing the "age" (e.g. 1 month, 14 days). There is also a way to have a cool graphic next to the date/time info. How can I set that sort of option in Directory Opus?
- For some reason in the folder tree in Directory Opus, everything is a subcategory of "Desktop". Can I change that?
- In XYplorer, the file tree has those cool lines and +'s that you can click on. The lines are to represent which subfolders are part of which root directory to avoid confusion. Is there an option to do this in Directory Opus?
- In this post here, I really like the style of the storage space display among other things. How difficult is it to learn how to do make such a customized display? I've looked through the options but it doesn't seem clear cut.
How do I make my style looks like this?
I'm so sorry for all the questions! I love the vast customizability of Directory Opus so I figured I could simply customize it to my likings and make it look more like XYplorer in areas. Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!