Menu item toggled check mark not appearing

The checkmark next to Applications is not showing when the toolbar is open in single list but is showing when in dual list. Here is the menu item I am using.
Applications.zip (468 Bytes)

How are you opening the toolbar?

left mouse button will open that toolbar menu, additionally if I put a label at the top the label name will appear twice
If I don't have it as a 'three buttons' the label will not appear twice,

But how was the toolbar opened?

That is not 'Toolbar List' above they are all individual buttons to toggle different toolbars. Clicking 'Applications' in the above menu will open the toolbar, checkmark will not show if part of @if statement, clicking it again will close the toolbar.

If the menu items are custom commands then we need to know what the commands are to understand what's going on.

> @if:Set DUAL=on
> Toolbar "Vertical - Center" STATE=center TOGGLE LINE=0
> @if:else
> Toolbar "Vertical" STATE=right TOGGLE LINE=0
> @toggle:update

Buttons that don't have an explicit @toggle line will indicate they are "on" based on the first line (that runs or tests a command). That's the @if line in this case, and your button will be "on" when in dual-display mode.

Use the @toggle modifier if you want it to indicate it's "on" in other situations (or if you don't want it to indicate it at all). Similar to your other recent thread: