Missing some context menu entries

need help, some of really useful context menu are missing :frowning:

entries missing:
Powershell Core
Windows Terminal
WinThumbsPreloader

Could you link us to where to get those things?

(Last I looked, Windows Terminal didn't have right-click entries but there were some third-party add-ons or instructions on how to create them. Or is it built-in now?)

these are the links:

Thanks for the links!

I've looked at how they're adding the context menus and it looks to be using an undocumented method, which came up once before:

Now that we've seen more than one example of this in the wild, we probably need to add support for it. I'm not sure when we'll do that, but we'll add it to our list.

(Note that you can create identical context menu items within Opus itself as a workaround, but only in Opus Pro unfortunately.)

hope the support for those kind of context menus will be supported in the future! thanks!
where i can find the docs related to create identical context menu items

1 Like

In Opus Pro, you'd go to Settings > File Types > All Folders > Context Menu, and it's fairly straightforward from there, as long as you know the commands the other programs expect.

In the case of the menus in question, the commands will all be in your registry if you need to find them. One example:

Copying the (Default) value of that and pasting it into a new context menu item should get you something which does the same thing.

More detail on the Opus side of this can be found here:

https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/Filetypes.htm

Good news: Support for this kind of context menu will be added in the next beta.

I've only extensively tested the PowerShell/PowerShell project linked above, but the others should work as well. If you run into any issues with any of them once the new beta is out, please let us know.