Music Tags

The ones that werent working in Opus - that you posted about before?

1 Like

I just tried now in DOpus 12.21 version and found I can change Artists Album Artists AlbumName form Metada pane but can't change with your script.

Will have a look at it when I get time. Wont be until the weekend now.

1 Like

Just had a quick play with this, and it works with .flac files here. It's probably the non-standard .flac files you've mentioned before causing problems.

Don’t forget that .flac files are a lot bigger and changes take a little longer to write so they don’t show instantly in Opus.

1 Like

Thank you Steve for your reply. I am sorry I do not understand what does mean by the non-standard .flac? I rip my won CDs in FLAC what am talking about. and It's not working here. one more thing
All My Flac files metadata in my native language Bangla (Unicode) Is that the cause for not working the script here?

I'd be surprised if dbPowerAmp was doing anything wrong, unless it has been configured to do something unusual, like write ID3 tags into FLAC files, or output OggFLAC instead of normal FLAC, or something like that.

@khalidhosain: Maybe create a small (e.g. silent) sample FLAC file that other people can use to try and reproduce the problem, since other people's FLAC files seem to be working OK.

Not suggesting ‘wrong’ but it certainly adds its own custom tags which caused problems for khalid before.

Dear Lo & Steve. Now I test once more and find out Steve's Script does not support My native Language Bangla. Look at the screenshot. Here is 2nd file size 20kb only

I have tried to write Title, Artists, Album name with Steve's Music Tages 1.0 in Bangla but it's done nothing. Then I had tried to write Title, Artists, Album name with Steve's Music Tages 1.0 in English and It's work nicely. So File size is not the problem. the problem is Bangla Language
We Write Bangla by using UNICODE. Music Tages 1.0 Can Read out the bangla Metada (look in my Screen shoot) but can not save the Bangla meta data.Now Dear Steve Please try to solve the problem if it is possible. Thank you

I would not know how to type those characters to try. Please paste some to the forum so people can copy and paste. A small example FLAC would probably still be helpful as well, since you could include the tags in that.

1 Like

Ok Here we go.
Download the small Sample flac file from here:
Sound 3.zip (99.3 KB)
Here is a screenshot what I want to save:

Plz copy the text from here
Title:

চুপি চুপি বলো কেউ জেনে যাবে

Artist:

পলাশ

Album:

আইজ পাশা খেলবো রে শ্যাম

Gener

ফোক রিমিক্স

Cover Art Also an issue. Steve's Music Tages 1.0 does not show the Cover art but the file has the cover art. Here is a screenshot of my mouse hover info
2020-07-17_22-18-26

I haven't tried with the script*, but I did a quick try using the built-in metadata editor and it seems to work OK with that file and those strings, so it should be possible for it to work with the script as well.

JScript and VBScript use Unicode by default, so that should not be a problem, as far as I'm aware.

(*I had a quick try with the script but I get an error, which I think may be due to some unfinished changes in my version of Opus, so it's not a proper test.)

The crash occurs here during the log writing sections of the script when using the Bangla language. Haven't looked closely at that yet (but I'm guessing it's because of the way fso.OpenTextFile works, it is set to use Unicode though var logFile = fso.OpenTextFile(logPath + "\\MusicTags.log", 8, true);), turning off logging works fine though (both reading and writing Bangla to the .flac file):

As for cover art, Opus' metadata pane doesn't show the cover art either:

Hi Dear Steve Please tell me How to turning off logging? I want to use your script brother.

Its one of the options in the preferences for the script - “log_changes” I think.

Find it in Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts.

1 Like

Ok Steve After change "Log_Changes=false" it's works. But Comment & the Composer still does not work

Do those items work in the Opus metadata panel?

1 Like

Problem 1: I do not find any field name Composer in DO Metadata panel.
Problem 2: DO Meta data panel has a field name Comment and in this field I can see the data খালিদ which one I saved with the Music Tages 1.0, That mean Music Tages 1.0 works with the Comment field. But I does not find any column header name Comment in music section for my file display, Where is the Comment Column header?

Correct - so it won't work in the script...

As I wrote in the documentation (first post in this thread):

Some filetypes have slightly different metadata and the script does not yet take this into account. With these files, you may see error dialogs from DOpus when attempting to write certain metadata. Because of this I recommend experimenting on copies of your files first.

To be honest, when I first started writing the script, I initially made it recognise .mp3 files only due to this. It was written just for fun to see if I could emulate mp3tag's interface. I regret allowing .flac now. :smiley:

One item below where your arrow is pointing...

The SetAttr command (which the script is using), does not seem to work with the comment: field for .flac files, hence it won't work with the script.

Actually it's weirder than that, my testing shows that whilst the comments won't show up using the scripting metadata object (or in the Opus "Music Comments" column) the script is still correctly setting the field if you save your file in the script dialog. You can see the correctly set comment in Opus' metadata pane.

1 Like

What a great job @Steve, thank you very much for sharing it! I had created several buttons to modify this metadata, but the process became a little difficult because it was done one by one. Your solution was perfect!!!

2023-09-28 08 13 00

1 Like