No auto-refresh content on dir-mounted external drive

Hi I just found a problem in DOpus (11.4) on windows 8.1 x64
I have a 4TB external harddrive, mounted to "C:\MyBook", instead of "G" or some letter label.
Recently, I found that any changes, like creating folder, renaming, deleting, in this harddrive will show in DOpus until I press F5.
however, in the explorer it will automatically refresh. and DOpus works for letter-label mounted external harddrive.
It's weird.
I read the FAQ and checked everything in that post, but every point is "TRUE".
Need your help
thanks

If it only started recently, it's probably due to this change. A fix for it is in the pipeline.

We should have a fix for this in the next update. Almost everything has been fixed now, except for one issue with the folder tree which we're still investigating.

I'm also experiencing this issue with 11.4.3 x64.

What is the exact issue you are seeing, and the details of your drive and mount points?

Local drives, USB3 hub attached drives and also 2 network drives.
A few instances are: creating a new folder doesn't show, after copy/move source and destination needs to be refreshed to show the changes.
This issue goes away after exit and restart of DO but comes back randomly. I need to close the app at least 2-3 times a day. I can't identify what triggers this behavior.

I am also having this issue. But my drive is not an external. My Drive is an "Internal 3.5" SATA drive.
I have it mounted into a folder. Changes made in Directory Opus are immediately reflected in Windows Explorer but not in Directory Opus.
I am running Version 11.3 x64 :thumbsup:

That is an old version and we know there were issues in it with mounted drives.

Some of the issues were fixed in 11.4.3 (beta).

Further fixes are coming in a future 11.4.4 (beta).

The coming 11.4.4 (beta) changes may help there, although probably only if the drives are being mounted as "fixed disk" rather than "removable".

USB drives could be mounted as either type, so that's worth checking. We will probably only fully support change notification on mount points where both sides of the mount point are on devices mounted as "fixed disk".

If you're not sure how they are mounted, I could quickly write a tool that extracts the info from Windows.

Thanks! I will be looking forward to seeing what you can come up with. I have updated to 11.4 (build 5229) and the issue is still there.
Just for clarity sake. My system has three Fixed Hard Drives (all 3.5" internal SATA) 1TB drive mounted as "C:" , 1TB Drive mounted as "D:" , and 3TB Drive mounted as "D:\Computers"

Cheers

The 11.4.4 beta has been out for a few days now so feel free to give it a try :slight_smile:

Running 11.4.5 beta and can confirm my refresh issues are gone.