Opening folder in DOpus from command line

Hi

I have configured DOpus as Explorer replacement.
I'm trying now to open a specific folder from a batch file using:

%SystemRoot%\exlorer.exe "C:\Temp"

This fails in the way that the folder gets opened in Exlorer.exe instead of DOpus.
If I use the same string in the Run-box in the start menu (Win7), DOpus is used to open the folder.

Is there a way to point to exlorer.exe from the batch files (for users which don't have Dopus) but open the folder in DOpus if it is installed?

Thanks!
Roger

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /open "C:\Temp"

or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /open "C:\Temp"

Thanks MrC, I'm sure this would work but it won't work for users who don't have DOpus installed.
I'm in an environment where only few people (including me) have DOpus.

Then try something like:

start c:\windows

Opens DO here, surely will open Explorer where DO is missing (yet o).

Opens a command prompt window here...

Where did you type the command? Typing "start C:\windows" directly into the start menu seems to confuse it, but the command works from a command prompt and should also work from whatever you're planning to run it from.

Note that the start command has weird command-line argument parsing if you need to quote the path, because Microsoft are idiots. :slight_smile: If you need to quote the path, you have to add an extra pair of quotes before it, like this:

start "" "C:\Program Files"

Great! I indeed used quotes around the path and didn't know about the ones before...

Thanks a lot guys!

Oops, sorry, I hadn't noticed you want a way to open either, depending upon what was installed. Bad reader... Bad.